Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rich77

Summoning monsters

For people who know about the summon command in gzdoom, did you know that fatso will summon the mancubus. I'm still not able to summon the imp or chaingunner, I've tried lots of names. Anybody know how? Cool console command tho, the other day I was playing E3M8 Dis in ultimate doom, and I summoned the cyberdemon and it finished the level of for me. Good for a laugh.

Heh I love that command.

Zombieman = Former Human
ShotgunGuy = Former Human Sergeant
ChaingunGuy = Former Commando
DoomImp = Imp
Demon = Demon
Spectre = Spectre
LostSoul = Lost Soul
Cacodemon = Cacodemon
HellKnight = Hell Knight
BaronofHell = Baron of Hell
Arachnotron = Arachnotron
PainElemental = Pain Elemental
Revenant = Revenant
Fatso = Mancubus
ArchVile = Arch-Vile
SpiderMastermind = Spider Mastermind
Cyberdemon = Cyberdemon
WolfensteinSS = S.S.
CommanderKeen = Commander Keen
BossTarget = Spot where a boss cube lands
BossEye = Invisible thing that "sees" the player and eminates the final boss sound, as well as the location that actually launches the boss cubes
BossBrain = Romero's Head

Also Stealth Monsters:

StealthZombieman
StealthShotgunGuy
StealthChaingunGuy
StealthDoomImp
StealthDemon
StealthCacodemon
StealthHellKnight
StealthBaron
StealthArachnotron
StealthRevenant
StealthFatso
StealthArchVile

Have you tried the SUMMONFRIEND command?

Yeah. It's cool that they won't attack you, but you can still get in their line of fire. Watching 2 demons go at it is quite funny. Thanks for the list.

There's also these:

You can make some pretty silly and amusing sceneries with these combined with monsters

SUMMONFRIEND

Marinefist
Marineberserk
Marinechainsaw
Marinepistol
Marineshotgun
Marinessg
Marinechaingun
Marinerocket
Marineplasma
Marinebfg

There is also marinerailgun, and ScriptedMarine (which doesn't attack).

ExplosiveBarrel :P

plus if your using Skulltag:

Hectebus (Black Mancubus)
Belphegor (Red Baron of Hell)
Dark Imp (Black Imp)
Blood Demon (Dark Red Demon)
Cacolantern (Yellow Cacodemon)
Abaddon (Black Cacodemon)
SuperShotgunGuy (Fat SSG Zombie)

All of the above monsters are stronger than they're original counterparts. The Abaddon is even stronger than the Cacolantern.

BoldEnglishman said:

plus if your using Skulltag:

Hectebus (Black Mancubus)
Belphegor (Red Baron of Hell)
Dark Imp (Black Imp)
Blood Demon (Dark Red Demon)
Cacolantern (Yellow Cacodemon)
Abaddon (Black Cacodemon)
SuperShotgunGuy (Fat SSG Zombie)

(Eh, been alittle while since I actually typed here, so I'm back...sort of)
Hmn...

Hectebus- Black Mancubus who shoots multiple green fireballs out, much worse then your natural Mancubus.
Belphegor- The toughest of them all Barons who will not stop attacking until your dead, shoot 2 times faster and has twice the health, bring your ssg, rockets, or a bfg cause this bruiser will kick your ass.
Dark Imp- Just another loud mouth Imp that got on crack...Blue fire balls that does alittle more damage then a normal Imp, twice the health, still slow.
Blood Demon- Umn... Say Nightmare was placed on this guy even on the weakest setting, same amount of damage, but much faster and twice the health, and whats worse is 2 rockets/ssg's.
Cacolantern- Just a orange not so tomato Caco that shoots blue balls...Really, it's just 1/3 stronger then the normal Caco.
Abaddon- One rotten tomato you don't want to mess with, he shoots much faster with twice the health of a normal Caco and power is more then Lantern.
SuperShotgunGuy- Now when you thought you were bad-ass with the SSg, this guy will do the same, please refer to a rocket or rapid fire... He will shred you with a barrage of bullets and it ain't funny on how many people miss this guy an die before reaching the key/switch.

I've tried summoning those monsters before, and it is really amusing to use the "summonfriend" command, as is one of the stronger forms of the monsters (black cacodemon, dark red demon...etc)

dmaster said:

how would you summon D'Sparil from heretic?

SUMMON BOSSSPOT
SUMMON BOSSSPOT
SUMMON BOSSSPOT
SUMMON SORCERER1

Heh. Wizards are disciples, the sorcerer is the boss.

You can also summon invisible enemies from hexen while playing doom. For example SUMMON heresiarch SUMMONFRIEND cyberdemon or SUMMON ettin SUMMONFRIEND demon or whatever. Watch and laugh while the cyber gets his rockets turned right back at him by an invisible heresiarch, which by the way is visible on automap if you want to see how it moves. It just lacks its frames & sounds but the code is there :D

In a reverse sort of way, you can load WADs that were meant for Doom into Heretic or Hexen. Depending on what is actually included in the WAD affects how properly the WAD turns out. For instance Night of the Homeless in Hexen or Heretic works fine, the main thing is just that the colour is all out :/

(Also in reply to printz - in case that doesn't make anysense - BOSSSPOT is an invisible area that D'Sparil teleports to, you don't have to put them in though, he just won't teleport as a result).

I think Sorcerer2 is D'Sparil on foot, while D'Sparil with the Serpent is Sorcerer1.

It is just a scream to drop a few friendly archies into a map and watch them do their stuff. The monsters that they restore are also friends.

They hunt in packs, it is just plain funny to watch them in a map with a lot of monsters like, say, hr.wad

A few minutes into it half the monsters are after the other half of the monsters.

Speaking of archies
Did you know that if you have a monster (let's say a cacodemon) fight a archie, The archie will kill it and bring it back to life only to kill it again? Really funny. Good way to get ammo if the monster is human.

TheAdmantArchvile said:

Speaking of archies
Did you know that if you have a monster (let's say a cacodemon) fight a archie, The archie will kill it and bring it back to life only to kill it again? Really funny. Good way to get ammo if the monster is human.

No, the resurrected monster will be on the side of the Arch-Vile. This also means that if you summonfriend an Arch-Vile, he will create an army of monsters for you :P

TheAdmantArchvile said:

Speaking of archies

Terra-jin, I think this means in vanilla, if you keep inciting friendly fire over and over again.  (Which I have actually done in Maximum Doom maps with infinitesimal amounts of ammo.)  I would change "good" to say "very risky", however: it takes concentration to duck hundreds of hitscan attacks in a row until the arch-vile finally dies.

GZDoom is basically zdoom with opengl rendering and support for 3d models, so no, summoning's not a gzdoom-only feature.

Well no it isen't supposed to be invisible, your just loading an enemy from another game (without the game resources being used).

It's supposed to look like this:

Doomimp = Imp

Not only have I never known about the dumpclasses command, I've been able to guess the classes of just about every monster except for regular old imps. I tried Imp, Impy, Trooper, Troop, ImpTrooper, Imptroop, Brownguy, brown, brownimp, and a couple others I cant remember. I wouldnt have guessed doomimp.

You can also summon scenery & weapons.

Scenery:

Candelabra
explosivebarrel
evileye
burningbarrel
theres way more than that just don't know the names.

weapons:

you should know the weapon names.

fist (you can summon but nothing pops up)
pistol
chainsaw
shotgun
? supershotgun
chaingun
? plasmagun
bfg9000

* if you have doom builder you can use the thing list to summon various items.