Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
geekmarine

Haha... April... Fool's?

Strange. Today is April 1, and yet, everything seems in order. Ralphis hasn't h4x0r3d the site, Doomworld hasn't been bought out by McDonald's, Action Doom hasn't been "leaked"... Heck, I was half-expecting to find that the site had been replaced with Daikatanaworld, or an announcement of Mordeth's eminent release. Maybe that's the joke - everything is normal. Oh well... On the other hand, considering the sheer volume of pranks on the Internet today, perhaps it's for the best.

And once again, I forget to prepare a prank to use on you guys. Oh well. One of these years...

Slashdot is also disappointingly normal. At least Google has their yearly fake product page up. I wish Facebook did something like say they were enabling custom HTML layouts for all users in a week. Oh man the uprising would be amazing. Yeah, DW also is sad :(

Edit: Lol check out quantz, xkcd and questionablecontent

YouTube has been having fun with their featured videos today. Blizzard has also been having fun with their new WoW expansion and the new marines in StarCraft 2.

What's this? No McDoomworld? No Darknation?!

THE WORLD HAS GONE MAD!!!!!

The only April Fool's joke I've had pulled on me today is my instructor claiming a very important project is due next week, which fell flat on its face as soon as she said it.

It has been pretty uneventful for such a prank-filled holiday.

I think I was Rickroll'd maybe 7 or 8 times today, all by different websites. At least I didn't get Rickroll'd on this site (...yet). :|

Bucket said:

The joke is that there is no joke.
YOUR MIND HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN BLOWN

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

StupidBunny said:

I hear they're making a game based on the Doom movie. April Fool, lol

Well, there was Street Fighter: the Movie: the Game, so it's not THAT far-fetched. Still a crazy-stupid idea though.

Our national broadcaster got us good with a (fake?) documentary they'd promoted heavily following the discovery of the wreck of the HMAS Sydney.
Note the date at the bottom of the page.