Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Prime

dumbass forums...

Know of any 'dumbass' forums? Care to warn the rest of us before we happen to stumble across them? How's this for a start: He-Man.org, starwars.com...nothing but stupid assf---s there, i swear...

there's always newdoom, i'm sure you probably knew that. but how could we have a topic about stupid forums with mentioning newdoom?

there's always newdoom, i'm sure you probably knew that. but how could we have a topic about stupid forums with mentioning newdoom?

we can't.

PLANETCRAP

I swear I leave that place cursing at anyone and anything. And I don't even post there.

Heh...what a bunch of ubergeeks...
On one of the topics some guy said that he had 384MB of ram and still Evercrack wouldn't run very well with it. He said that he should be able to run any game seeing as how he has one of the top 1% of PCs. THen some other guy says something like 'What are the specs? Don't just ASSUME that you are in the top 1%.' What a tard...I mean how many people do you know have 384MB RAM?

Heh...what a bunch of ubergeeks...
On one of the topics some guy said that he had 384MB of ram and still Evercrack wouldn't run very well with it. He said that he should be able to run any game seeing as how he has one of the top 1% of PCs. THen some other guy says something like 'What are the specs? Don't just ASSUME that you are in the top 1%.' What a tard...I mean how many people do you know have 384MB RAM?

None...and therein lies the stupidity of it all...

I say that it's about time that technology just...stops...for a while, at least.

I say that it's about time that technology just...stops...for a while, at least.

No shit. When are we going to get a chance to fuckin catch up?

Not as long as people are using dried ice to make their P4s run at 2.2 ghz.

ROFL, it's 3.6 Ghz! That could've been an amusing comment against Intel!

Is 1024 MB RAM possible yet? I bet some freak somewhere...

[quote
Is 1024 MB RAM possible yet? I bet some freak somewhere...[/quote]should be. i'm in the process of getting more RAM for my computer, i have four slots for PC100 RAM, all you would need is four x 256. if i could afford it. i'll have 224 MB by this time tomorrow.

1 GIG of RAM? Yeah, Arioch's had 1 GIG of RAM for like half a year already. That stuff's cheap. I was gonna get a box with 1.5 GIGs of RAM myself, but I'm trying to make my current one last as long as possible, which probably means not buying anything new until Doom3 is out.

i'll have 1024 MB by the time doom 3 comes out for sure. it's all about being ready for that day.

Back on topic, I found another horrible forum.

The nin.com forums are crap. Why?
-They use the outline-style, which I hate
-The forums are organised not by topic, but by color (WTF?)
-They are only on topic 1% of the time
-No one puts anything in the body text (title only)
-They make less sense than we do :p

You probably meant to ask, is 1024 MB RAM possible on a PC (it is). On some other machines, you have that possibility since long time ago.

Duh, just insert 4x256MB or 2x512MB. Why wouldn't it be possible? ...

RDRAM is dual, so i must have 2 EXACTLY alike ram blocks. I _COULD_ buy 2 * 512, but i'm not a millionair. 4 * 256 would requier that i throw out my 2 * 128...who knows, maybe i will buy 2 * 256.

That will make it...786...yayay

these forums suck a lot too.

no offense to anybody.

yet.

Why do they suck? I find them rather entertaining, which is enough to make me like 'em. I just need to take one look at the newdoom forums to realize that these suck - the DW forums are lightyears away from that shit.

I agree with DSM. I mean, what makes this forum interesting is %50 subject matter (Doom is just damn awesome) and %50 members (you've got to admit that DW has a motley crew of personalities). NewDoom can suck it...

Just to etch things in stone:
DW has a nice, diverse "set" of personalities ranging from regular intelligent people to people who're good at providing a good laugh (some of the intelligent people here can also provide laughs).
Nothing beats logging in and seeing some post, which makes me laugh my arse off.
And then at times a stupid newb signs up, posting rubbish, which is either plain ridiculous or (if I'm/we're lucky) or freakin' hilarious.

And let me add: We have first class moderators, who can be harsh, but just when needed.

The DW forums is the only place on the net where I actually regard the other forum members as a kind of "friends", which is great as I don't have many friends in real life.

All forums are shit, so it makes sense to just tilt the scales a bit and turn the "Less Crappy" into "Fucking Cool".