Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Community is Falling 4?

I really hope there is. Seriously, the CIF series is probably one of my favorite. =D I'd imagine that it'd be done eventually, but of course a team would have to be assembled with Zdoom experience, a storyline created and all that jazz, so what with CIF3 having been recently released, it'll probably be awhile before anyone either is up to the challenge or comes up with a neat idea for it.

If I wanted to do a CIF4, I would re-use CIF3's assets and acs library, which will probably be a cheap rehash of CIF3.
But for now, the answer is no, go away.

The last CIF took ~3 years to complete, so I wouldn't expect another one to come for quite a while. Plus, we'd need something interesting to happen within the community and/or between communities to base the story on.

In a related subject, a Mock 3 would be great. Other than the CIFs, the Mock series (more Mock 2 than the original, though) are one in a field of few jokewads that are actually fun to play. A few of wills' jokewads are like that, but a lot of his fall flat. Mock 3 would be a prefectly worthwile community project, in my opinion.

Jim Rainer said:

The last CIF took ~3 years to complete, so I wouldn't expect another one to come for quite a while. Plus, we'd need something interesting to happen within the community and/or between communities to base the story on.

CIF2 wasn't exactly based on the Doomworld community, but outside the community (planetdoom / steam nonsense).

CIF4 would more likely be geared towards next-gen games, microsoft, xbox live, and modern gamers. Also CIF3 took ~3 years because I kept putting it off and then kept adding more scripting stuff. I was actually done with all the levels by the end of last year (2007), it just took me a whole year and a half to get off my ass and fix the scripting issues.

Kaiser said:

CIF4 would more likely be geared towards next-gen games, microsoft, xbox live, and modern gamers.

This sounds very interesting and I'll be looking forward to it if your planning on making it.

Kaiser said:

If I wanted to do a CIF4, I would re-use CIF3's assets and acs library, which will probably be a cheap rehash of CIF3.
But for now, the answer is no, go away.

Cheap rehash or not. As long as it's funny, has new monsters/bosses, new set of weapons, and won't lag to hell on an XP with a nividia 4900 graphics card, it's fine with me.

TheAdmantArchvile said:

and won't lag to hell on an XP with a nividia 4900 graphics card, it's fine with me.

Thats all up to zdoom, not me.

stickguy5000 said:

Community Is Falling? could i get a link please... or wait i forgot google is friend

You could just try reading this topic. The links were posted.