Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coopersville

Red Zombie (Splatterhouse 2 Fanart) UPDATED

http://coopersville.deviantart.com/art/Red-Zombie-81283158

The Red Zombie from Splatterhouse 2 that I randomly drew and coloured today. I imagine some people here may be fans of the series, so here you go.

Black and white version here.

I think I re-sized the image a little too small, but whatever, that made it quicker to colour it. I listened to "The Wretched Spawn" album by Cannibal Corpse while I colured this; I think I was at track eight by the time I was done. Pretty quick and efficient job.

EDIT:

Swamp Slug 1

Swamp Slug 2

Very nice! Not as drippy as the game sprite so it looks cleaner, but the detail on the coloring and the pose is wonderful.

Nice to see a Splatterhouse monster drawn.

I know, apparently at some point I forgot that the creature was suppose to look like it's melting, and started giving it warts and muscle tissue. I guess that's what happens when you create something in the blink of an eye.

Pretty cool, I haven't played that particular game in a while, but it looks close to what I remember, design-wise. You should submit it to the West Mansion Splatterhouse fan site.

I just finished colouring two more Splatterhouse related drawings. They're the slug monster from Stage IV of the first game. I always thought they were one of the more shocking enemies, since they resemble infants-- I guess it's arguable that Splatterhouse was the first game where you could kill children, too.

One

Two

I'll probably try to have all these submitted to the fan art section of West Mansion some time soon.

Yeah, they're one of the more memorable enemies from Splatterhouse 1, from a visual standpoint (nothing beats chainsaw arms Biggy Man tho'). You did a very nice job rendering both forms.

More? NOICE!

Both the renditions of the slug monster are great. I do agree with MmM on Biggy Man though.

After seeing your colored sketch I'm tempted to get this game.
For some reason the red zombie reminds me of a pinky demon crossed with an Arch-Vile.

Isn't there a rule against killing children in video games?. At least I heard that postal 3 wasn't allowed to use children.

I don't know if there's a specific rule, but developers seem to tip toe around it a lot (Prey using ghost children, Condemned 2 using anatomically correct dolls).

FYI: The “official” name for your zombie, translated from the Japanese Splatterhouse 2 instruction manual is “Dead Man” (“De-do Man” in katakana).

http://splatterhouse.classicgaming.gamespy.com/Splat2page16-17.jpg

As far as censoring chidren goes, the demon children in Silent Hill 1, which can be found in copious amounts in the school, were removed in some regions (Europe I believe) and replaced with the Clawfingers/Mumblers (which are still dimunitive humanoid beasties, that could easily still be intepreted as children, but whatever).

Shapeless: If you're only going to play one Splatterhouse, the best one is Splatterhouse 3, in my opinion. All three are fun though.

I hear ya about the little girls in Prey, not to mention that scene where one little girl gets possessed and kills the other. All scripted behind bullet proof glass of course.
Then there's the little sisters from bioshock. The smoldering babies from the silent hill movie, and let's not forget the cherubs from Doom 3.

I guess they weren't technically human, Since running with scissors is not allowed to use kids in Postal 3.