Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
t.v.

Plutonia 2 not dead

For at least 8 years, people have been working on a sequel to "the Plutonia experiment", mostly out of view. But in the dark people are still working on the project. Although it is not finished, you can have a look at some the work that has been done so far at the official Plutonia 2 website.

Wow, this looks really cool. I can't wait to play this. I have a few questions:

In terms of gameplay, will this be just as difficult, less difficult, or more difficult than Plutonia?

In terms of mapping, are there any areas in the wad that pay homage to Plutonia?

Will you have to use the plutonia.wad to play this or can it be played with doom2.wad?

Some quick answers:

* IMO the gameplay will be just as difficult/ more difficult.
* The whole project is a homage to Plutonia. All maps will fit "the Plutonia style" in one way or the other.
* It was decided to make it plutonia.wad dependent.
* [?]what kind of plutonia 2 is done without dario casali?[/?] Look at it as a tribute and unofficial (fan-made) sequel.
* [?]freewebs[/?]The first host died without warning. Freewebs may not be great, but it gets the job done :-)

I see my map is still in the project. Even though I never did finish it myself. (I only removed all the junk that had been added to it by the other people working on it, after that I kind of got tired... cause I found it to be rather much work to fix it to my current standard)

I'm really happy to hear this isn't dead. I was considering contributing a map and if they still have openings I may still.

LOL!!

And to think that the Gamespot reviewer claimed Doom was dead when they reviewed Doom 64! (the site gave the game a bad rating by the way, a 4.8/10! witch is utter bullcrap by the way).

I wish you didn't limit yourself to the original 32 maps. Come on, a project this calibre deserves something like 70 maps, 10 being secret...

32 maps is too short and ends quickly......

Better a megawad with no end. :-P

Mechadon said:

I'm really happy to hear this isn't dead. I was considering contributing a map and if they still have openings I may still.

All slots are occupied but few since a while without any news about the work...
So you can still make a map for the project (please ? :DDDDDD)

K!r4 said:

So you can still make a map for the project (please ? :DDDDDD)

He needs to be accustomed to Plutonia and map flawlessly. P2 looks like an ambitious proj.

Yea I mean, I could definitely give it a try but must say I haven't had a chance to map Plutonia-style. I think I could possibly emulate it with a bit of work though :D

So I dunno, I guess I'll let you know if I can make a map :)

K!r4 said:

All slots are occupied but few since a while without any news about the work...

Who's working on Map 23 then? The only map you have no one listed for on the "team" page.

Anyway, I looked through most of the screens, and like what I see so far. I am definitely looking forward to playing this. :)

Nuxius said:
Who's working on Map 23 then?

Fredrik

That's awesome, i thought plutonia 2 was dead for long time now... and just now i see that it's freaking ALIVE in my own eyes :O that's news of the day for me

Mechadon said:

Yea I mean, I could definitely give it a try but must say I haven't had a chance to map Plutonia-style. I think I could possibly emulate it with a bit of work though :D

So I dunno, I guess I'll let you know if I can make a map :)

Again all the slots are full, but I've barely started on my second map (and it's been months), so if you can make something then go ahead and take my slot ;P

Well ok, I'll definitely help out if I can if you guys get any open slots (lol Tango you is a lazy bum).

Mechadon said:

Well ok, I'll definitely help out if I can if you guys get any open slots (lol Tango you is a lazy bum).

Of course. It's ironic though, because I finished the first version of map08 in two hours or something like that.

hardcore_gamer said:

LOL!!

And to think that the Gamespot reviewer claimed Doom was dead when they reviewed Doom 64! (the site gave the game a bad rating by the way, a 4.8/10! witch is utter bullcrap by the way).

That reviewer was on crack or something... JK =P, but seriously, that rating is meaningless. Doom is my all time favorite game even over the Halo, Half-life, and Unreal series.

It's good to see that P2 is still going. If it is actually going to get done at some point, than it is my most highly anticipated WAD at the moment. Good luck getting it all done. I hope everything comes together and that P2 is a blast. =D

Uhm, no. it's a sequel to Plutonia.

It's rather absurd really. since the original took so few months to make.

kristus said:

Uhm, no. it's a sequel to Plutonia.

It's rather absurd really. since the original took so few months to make.

I know but from the screens I saw it looks a bit more detailed than Plutonia

Indeed it is, but it's being made for Doom 1.9, not a limit-removing source port, and it's being designed in a style inspired by the original.

Ah,it still looks pretty good none the less.Hopefully It'll come out soon(not holding my breath)

exp(x) said:

I have to admit I never really liked the plutonia textures.

herecy!