Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Edward850

Stereo mix emulation

I need a way to emulate the ‘stereo mix’ function that you get with most modern day sound cards so I can can record my own sound card through fraps. I can't just go out and buy a new sound card or anything like that, so if anybody knows of any programs that will do this, please tell me. I really need to know if this is at all possible.

You mean you want full duplex control?
Considering the RIAA and DRM and DMCA nowadays that's most likely impossible on cards that can't

Considering I'm using a soundcard from the stone age (Sound blaster 16), I don't think the rule applies here.

1. Purchase short 1/8" phone plug audio patch cable
2. Insert plugs into line out and line in
3. Choose line in as a recording source but mute playback
4. ???
5. PROFIT!

(add a splitter if you want to actually listen to it as you're recording, or, if it is indeed a really old card, it probably has a pre-amplified "speaker out" plug in addition to line out)

If that's a real sound blaster 16 he couldn't do that as there's only one hardware buffer. Can't record sound when the pcm buffer is used. He'd only be able to record midi and line-in/mic.

Bloodshedder is right on the money, as I was going to try that if there is no alternative (I still need to go out and buy the able, nut that’s not a problem). leileilol, I do in-fact have spk out, line out, line in, and mic in (and a joystic port) on my soundcard.

Problem solved. zwouth over on zdoom helped me install drivers for my built-in soundcard.