Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xaechireon

Boom tester

Could someone help me test this wad of mine and see if the monsters at the end of the map(just Noclip and move backwards of your starting position till you see some black monster sprites that are obviously not IWAD material) work right with the DEHACKED patch? I don't have a Boom port and don't plan to download one just to see if it works for the first and only Boom map I have created/ am going to create. I also don't have a personal computer of my own right now and I'm not allowed to install games on this one.

pyocoaqa.zip - 0.42MB

It is more or less complete, so if you want to review the map while you're at it, be my guest.

If you mean the ones that throw a spread of several mancubus fireballs each attack - they're working and none to pleased to see me. Tested with PrBoom+

The same as above post. As for the review, I didn't dislike your level, very interesting and strange architecture, even if my preference isn't towards big, large-scale levels with lots of monsters, it sure feels quite epic.

Thanks guys. I'll load it up to idgames soon to share the joy and frustration.

The monsters have full rotation sprites while attacking right? I was using the Wolfenstein SS sprites for this, and since their attack frames are 0 angle, as opposed to the replacement sprites using the 5 angle 3 mirrored thing, I'm concerned.

Xaechireon said:

Thanks guys. I'll load it up to idgames soon to share the joy and frustration.

The monsters have full rotation sprites while attacking right? I was using the Wolfenstein SS sprites for this, and since their attack frames are 0 angle, as opposed to the replacement sprites using the 5 angle 3 mirrored thing, I'm concerned.

The SS Soldiers have only one attack angle because that is the only one that is defined for them normally (Angle 0.) If you included all 8 attack angle sprites, that is to say, E-G 1-8, then Doom will know which one to use relative to the player's location and thus should work correctly. This sprite setup should be functional:

SSWVE1, SSWVE2E8, SSWVE3E7, SSWVE4E6, SSWVE5, SSWVF1, SSWVF2F8, SSWVF3F7, SSWVF4F6, SSWVF5, SSWVG1, SSWVG2G8, SSWVG3G7, SSWVG4G6, SSWVG5

I'm aware of the angle definitions to be designated to the sprite names. I was just concerned that Boom might not accept the whole 8 angle definition for a sprite who's angles definition was 0. I suppose my concerns are unfounded though.