Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gruson

Selling some of my Doom figure Reaper minis! :(

Hey gang, been a while.

As most of you know, I am a huge Doom fan. I still play it when I can!

I hate to say it, but I need to sell off some of my Reaper minis collection.

It's a sad day but I need the money and these things sell for a lot these days!

You can find them on Ebay if interested (I had member message me before about them).

I even own the rare Cyberdemon prototype.

Some images:
The painted collection:
http://img36.picoodle.com/img/img36/4/4/12/f_Doomcastm_c569c11.jpg

Others:
http://i15.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/e8/72/2127_12.JPG
http://i17.ebayimg.com/08/i/000/e8/70/cb72_12.JPG
http://i21.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/e8/72/da4c_12.JPG

Feel free to move this to another area if this is not the right place.

PM me if you have any questions.

Seller name is Gruson.

They will be missed but hopefully some of you guys can pick them up!

If it's for an urgent thing, then go for it. If not, I suggest you to find a job, get the money you want, and leave it if you don't want to continue. These things are very rare, don't make something you could repent later.

If I weren't broke myself I'd seriously consider biding on these :p. Good luck with your auction though!

I'll be keeping an eye on the Cyber prototype and hope it stays within my price range.
Couldn't you sell one of your kidneys instead? :-)

Thanks guys,

It is a tough call for sure.

I am holding on to a couple for sure and I have a job. :)

I just need some extra money now and most of these were packed up and only a handful on display.

Good luck!

JW

Very nice miniatures.

I'd be interested to know how you got hold of the Cyberdemon prototype that GreyGhost mentioned. Was it actually being sold at retail prior to the later figure?

EDIT: Ah, just checked the auction and the details are there. Good luck.

The prototype is an interesting story. I was touring the Reaper Miniatures facility. I knew a guy there who worked on the designs of the original miniatures. He was showing me how they make them, etc.

Then he showed me a display that had all of them in it.

I noticed the Cyberdemon proto and asked him about it. He said a VERY small run was made of them for the approval process. They were sent to Tom Hall and Adrian Carmack at Id (designers).

They liked the proto but thought it was a bit too small and wanted a different pose.

So, that was the end of the original Cyberdemon.

The Reaper guy knew I was a big fan and he then just handed it to me and said, "enjoy it, the only other ones in existance are owned by the Id guys." "Assuming they kept them."

Cool story, huh?

Good luck on the bidding. It is a very unique piece.

Just wondering any way you could take a pic of a close up on the archvile mini figure?

Some very nice figures there. It's a real shame that you feel you have to give them up. Still, it will make some other Doomers happy but I guess it's pretty likely the collection will end up broken up and spread across the world.

RTC_Marine said:

Nice collection. No indigo marine though?

There is an indigo one there, the blueish one. Why it's referred to indigo in Doom is beyond me.

Gruson1 said:

Is it ok with you if I upload this image to the Doom Wiki under the GFD License? I'm asking because the Doom Wiki's article on the miniature line is currently lacking a picture.

Oh, and BTW, I intend to buy your Demon miniature. I've always wanted one of those, and the paintjob is amazing. ;-)

EDIT: One more question. How much would you charge for shipping the Demon to Finland?

Hey guys,

I was going to sell the painted set to someone, a fellow collector and member here. That is why I ended the auctions on some of them.

That said, I am now thinking it over again.
I might just keep them...not sure yet.

VERY tough call!!!

The ones on Ebay are extras and I will be selling those.

Yes, feel free to use this picture or any others listed in my auctions.

Better version of it, colors corrected:
http://img36.picoodle.com/img/img36/4/4/12/f_Doomcastm_c569c11.jpg

Hmmm, I'd love to have a Demon figure (painted). I know people have got these for free (using the Doom 3 preorder cheat) so it shouldn't be hard to find one for a few bucks and I'm all willing to spend a few bucks if it's painted. Anyone care to sell me one? :P Though, I'm in Europe, so I have no clue how to send the money (I will NOT use swindlers like PayPal and no creditcards here).

I'll buy the Archvile...how much will you charge to ship it to Quebec in Canada?

I agree with whats been said . . . if you must get rid of these, you should make sure at least one set ends up in the hands of a single Doomer. There's not enough of these floating around to have them scattered around the world.

yea but only the Cybie prototype cost 200$ (looked on ebay)and the pink cost 60$ think about the total price it will cost all together.He might never sell them unless someone will be crazy enough to spend all the money on these.

1.5k? nice, but its missing some minis. The mastermind and the SS Nazi!
lol.

EDIT: and commander keen. he's the best monster ever!

ANOTHER EDIT: Almost forgot about the john carmack head.

EarthQuake said:

There is an indigo one there, the blueish one. Why it's referred to indigo in Doom is beyond me.

When you play in multiplayer in Vanilla Doom, you can send messages to specific players by pressing the key corresponding to the first letter of their color (g, i, b, r). If Indigo was called "Blue" it would conflict with "Brown", and if it was called "Grey" it would conflict with "Green". So it is Indigo.

While the sprite is gray with Indigo I get the impression of the blue-grayish color for coveralls or boilersuits used by mechanics, plumbers, and such.