Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VileSlay

The NY Mets get rickrolled

Haha, I was reading that thread the other day. I actually like the Met's solution. Washington state had online voting for their state quarter, and my favorite one was of native american artwork of a salmon. People on FARK found it and were like "OMG ROBOT SPACE WHALE LOL!" and decided to mass vote for that. The people in charge of the site decided to throw out all the votes "because of hackers" and choose for themselves. :/

The people in charge of the site decided to throw out all the votes "because of hackers" and choose for themselves. :/

In other words, the site is run in Zimbabwe?

I like the solution thay arrived at - giving fans who actually pay to watch them play the opportunity to decide.
Online polls are like talking parrots - you can get them to say whatever you want. :P

deathbringer said:

In other words, the site is run in Zimbabwe?

I'm amazed how wealthy organizations and coroporations can have the worst websites ever. For instance, the Red Lobster website for employees, which seems to be half broken links and was last worked on about 5 years ago.

GreyGhost said:

I like the solution thay arrived at - giving fans who actually pay to watch them play the opportunity to decide.
Online polls are like talking parrots - you can get them to say whatever you want. :P

yeah. I really don't know why they did it on the website to begin with. they actually played "never gonna give you up" during the home opener and it got thoroughly booed.

VileSlay said:

yeah. I really don't know why they did it on the website to begin with. they actually played "never gonna give you up" during the home opener and it got thoroughly booed.

What song actually ended up winning? If it was "Sweet Caroline" the entire Mets fanbase deserves to be systematically lined up and shot.

Kid Airbag said:

What song actually ended up winning? If it was "Sweet Caroline" the entire Mets fanbase deserves to be systematically lined up and shot.

"never gonna give you up", hence the thread title. it got over 5 million votes thanks to FARK. actually "sweet caroline" was the original 8th inning sing-a-long song. that I know of, the ny rangers hockey teamused it first and then the boston red sox.

I'm surprised an internet meme such as this would get so popular in the mainstream. On Q101, a radio station I listen to, the late afternoon DJs rickrolled their station engineer recently.

Heh, I got rick rolled at work once. Co-worker changed the station to a "variety" station, and lo and behold, the infamous rick rolling song came on. I'm just surprised they actually played it at a Mets game.

VileSlay said:

"never gonna give you up", hence the thread title. it got over 5 million votes thanks to FARK. actually "sweet caroline" was the original 8th inning sing-a-long song. that I know of, the ny rangers hockey teamused it first and then the boston red sox.

Yeah, the very last thing you'd want to do is emulate the fan base of the Boston Red Sox.

But anyway, what I was asking was, who won the re-vote at the actual games?

I think one of the reasons they held the vote was because some ny sports talk radio hosts have complained that they are biting off the sox, even though the blueshirts have been doing it for years. I haven't heard which song is the new 8th inning song. I've yet to go to a game but I hope to soon. off topic, I'm a big time mets fan and I will miss shea stadium. the new stadium is looking very nice though, and I can't wait to see it in person.