Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aleaver

New map in the works: Incision Point

After along break from Doom mapping after CC 3, I have started work on a new ZDoom map entitled: Incision Point.

Click here for screenshots Note: The map is only 10% complete and the detailing is not complete.

Comments welcome of course!

Looks pretty good :) In the first shot I'd saw the SHAWN texture on the bottom could change since it doesn't match the tan floors (or you could add a border on the bottom level). In shot 4, the SUPPORT3 texture on the top looks really weird since it gets cut off, so I'd recommend going with just plain metal like you did on the bottom. Or, you could always use one of those wood textures with the metal on the top and bottom and give the texture a y-offset of 12 or -12 or whatever it is to align the metal perfectly. I'd also say you could change the flats in those metal sectors both on the top and bottom to be something that matches metal, like ceil5_1.

Tango said:

Looks pretty good :) In the first shot I'd saw the SHAWN texture on the bottom could change since it doesn't match the tan floors (or you could add a border on the bottom level). In shot 4, the SUPPORT3 texture on the top looks really weird since it gets cut off, so I'd recommend going with just plain metal like you did on the bottom. Or, you could always use one of those wood textures with the metal on the top and bottom and give the texture a y-offset of 12 or -12 or whatever it is to align the metal perfectly. I'd also say you could change the flats in those metal sectors both on the top and bottom to be something that matches metal, like ceil5_1.

Thats some good ideas Tango, Thanks man!

Just added 4 new screenshots. Same link as before (see top post)
Added afew things and messed around abit with some textures..

Lookin good :)

oops! My bad dude, I meant to say ceil5_2. Ceil5_1 does work but 2 matches more imo. sorry :P

Just added two new screens along with the 4 shots already on there...(see top post for link). The new shots are at the bottom of the page. I just started on this new section, and just a general note: I am really just experementing with this stuff. But from what I have been reading here in the feedback, I am heading in the right direction! Thanks to all who have voiced there thoughts!

***Update I re-did the last two screens cause after looking at that area again, It seemed kinda stupid looking so I re-worked it. Plus, I add a seventh shot..

Again see top post for link.

Another Screenige update, (see top post), added several new shots and you'll notice I added a link at the top of the page to a Doom Builder screenshot aswell. Not had as much time as I would like to work on this map, but I am still working none the less!

Looks like Knee-Deep-Doom 2 in theme. Will it have tons of Chaingunners for this? :P

Looking good, keep up the nice work. Looking forward to playing it whenever you get done. :)

Again I would like to thank all for your continued support! Even thought this is just a single map, the thought has crossed my mind about makeing my next major project Nhfl Ep II like this aswell. (Note right now I just have two demo maps of that project atm) And if I do contiune that project. I will of course would like afew mappers to help, but thats a disscussion for another time. Right now I just will see how this map turns out. But if I do decide to do this, then NHFL EP II will be a Zdoom project.

Nice map Aleaver! I like that screenshot with the arches in the middle, with a path going under them, and two paths on the other side. I like all of what I've seen so far. Good job :D