Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mik57

P_Grouplines: miscounted?

Im making a city based co-op wad, it works fine in zdoom, but every time I try to play it in Zdaemon, I get this message:

P_Grouplines: miscounted

What does that mean, And how can I fix it?

Try rebuilding the nodes, or if that fails, try using a different node builder.

Also, just because it works in ZDoom, does not mean it's going to work in ZDaemon.

K, Ive tried to rebuild nodes for my maps, and its worked in all of them except for map02. I dont know what the issue with that map is, but I just cant make nodes for it. Ive tried the normal, the zen node, and the other...Z... one. It only works with fast no reject build.

// P_GroupLines
// Builds sector line lists and subsector sector numbers.
// Finds block bounding boxes for sectors.

I might be completely wrong, but make sure you havent got any unclosed sectors or otherwise messed up sectors.

also if it worked without reject nodes.. then maybe you should leave the reject nodes out?

Well, from what I understand, zdaemon needs reject nodes in it, or it wont work. But ill try to go through the levels details and make sure all sectors are closed. Thx for help.

EDIT: Does blocking an area off with an impassable line that isnt part of the sector count as a screwed up area?

Mik57 said:

EDIT: Does blocking an area off with an impassable line that isnt part of the sector count as a screwed up area?

edit the line so that both sides correspond to the sector that it is in. if it is in sector 0, change both sides of the line to sector 0.

Cant really post it. rules say to not post any incomplete megawads, but I guess i can send it to you myself if you want it.

And i made both of the sides of the line correspond to the sector they are in. Still wont build the nodes.

Mik57 said:

Cant really post it. rules say to not post any incomplete megawads,

What rules say that?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure your problem lies in MAP02, since that is the only one that wouldn't build the nodes. So that would be the only map you would have to post.

Im a bit new to this site. Sure its ok to post an incomplete map in the levels section?

Just upload it to something like http://www.speedyshare.com and post a link to your download in this thread.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by levels section, you should just post a link to it in this thread. No need to start a new one somewhere else.

Nuxius said:

Mik57 said:
Cant really post it. rules say to not post any incomplete megawads,

What rules say that?

The rules for uploading to the /idgames archive. They only apply there.

Mik57 said:

Alright, here it be:

http://www.speedyshare.com/225834591.html

Thx for the help.

Just played through it. I thought it was really good! Level 3 was my favorite, the abandoned city was well constructed :P Only two things.

1: The bridge near the start in MAP01 right outside were you start isn't cross-able

2: The obstacles near the start of MAP03 are hard to overcome :|

Good 3 maps though! Keep it up :D 4.9/5

Thx! I feel pretty good now, this is my first attempt at a public wad! Thx for telling me about the bridge part, forgot about it. And I might make the lava obstacle part a bit easier.

ALright, after a lot of re-formatting and editing, i finally was able to make nodes for map02. Now on to map03!

Mik57 said:

ALright, after a lot of re-formatting and editing, i finally was able to make nodes for map02. Now on to map03!

So I take it that it works in Zdaemon now?

Nope.

Now it says:
SCRIPT://.071 failed to initialize

I dont even have any scripts.... Nor have I ever seen this before...