Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gokuma

What happens with an overly medicated population...

There's a RADIO in my FINGERNAIL.

Damnit, and I've been really adamant about avoiding medication. If this is true, then I'll be pissed.

Gokuma said:

As if people acting so stupid and going along with whatever bullshit isn't bad enough.

So remember what you're pissing and crapping into the water supply whenever you take a dosage of some crap for your societal/media induced ADHD or supposed anti-authority disorder.

I needed the laugh. thanks!

Enjoy your homeopathic tap water.

i never use medicines, ever.

by the way, there is this one new disease called "restless leg syndrome" which has to be one of the most ridiculous diagnosis ever. there is, of course, drugs for it.

Butts said:

i never use medicines, ever.

We'll see how dedicated you are when you're dying of cancer / HIV / other crippling disease. Presumably if you ever need to have an operation you're going to do with no anaesthetic, either?

Seriously though, this paranoia about fluoride / minute traces of prescription drugs in water is utterly ridiculous.

those are different cases, fraggle. im talking about stuff like a cold, or a flu, or an ear infection. in general i dont use medicine, but there are cases where its a lifesaver. anaesthetics and such are pretty much imperative for surgery.

...so Arizona is not the only state with pharmaceuticals in there water...

...interesting. In Ohio where I used to live it was Lime, here it is pharmaceuticals and asbestos.

Then we come to discover (like we did with led piping and asbestos) that plastic is itself harmful...

...and ALL passes through plastic.

As for fluoride I've heard the same thing; that the amounts are so low that it is not harmful, but I'm curious why that, mercury and others in included into formulas meant for human intake or what have you.
If they are NOT needed, then why? Progmatism? To attempt to out do Nature? To defile Nature? Population Control, Profit, all of the above, A, B, and D, only, what!?? :)

I've never thought of having flouride in water as a negative thing. We started adding flouride to tap water in the first place when it was discovered that people have better teeth in areas with flouride-rich soil. It bonds with your teeth and makes your enamel stronger.

The More You Know!

The school I work in is in a reasonably rural area. As such, a lot of the houses (mainly farms) are not served by mains water but have a private supply. ie, their own well (no, they don't have to winch up a bucket of water every time they want to wash the dishes).

Interestingly, if the person who has this kind of supply is blonde, it is easy to tell that their house is served by a well rather than mains water because their hair often has a very slight greenish tinge to it. So, even "natural" water drawn straight from the water table has "stuff" in it.

Enjay said:
Interestingly, if the person who has this kind of supply is blonde, it is easy to tell that their house is served by a well rather than mains water because their hair often has a very slight greenish tinge to it. So, even "natural" water drawn straight from the water table has "stuff" in it.

Uh oh, they have the zombieman syndrome! Green slime from the UAC facilities is seeping into people's water supplies!

Butts said:

by the way, there is this one new disease called "restless leg syndrome" which has to be one of the most ridiculous diagnosis ever. there is, of course, drugs for it.

Haha, I thought the same thing. Only in a more profane way.

Terra-jin said:

I've also heard there's trace amounts of dihydrogenoxyde in our water... scary thought. :P

Dihydrogenoxyde! OMG! I'll have to give up coffee! We're doomed! :D

Wittmaack-Ekbom's syndrome! OMG! I'll have to give up coffee! I'm doomed!

Enjay said:

The school I work in is in a reasonably rural area. As such, a lot of the houses (mainly farms) are not served by mains water but have a private supply. ie, their own well (no, they don't have to winch up a bucket of water every time they want to wash the dishes).

Interesting.

One other thing worth noting is that we've been making water pipes out of lead since Roman times (the word "plumber" actually comes from the Latin word for lead "plumbum"). Lead is of course a potent neurotoxin.

Don't Americans all buy and munch on shitloads of "meds" they see on the TV anyway for all sorts of minor/made up conditions? and now they're worried about tiny amounts maybe being in the water?