Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cybermaarten

'changes texture' changes to which texture?

I have a sector in my map which is activated by a linedef with linedef action 22 (W1 Floor Raise to Next Higher Floor (changes texture). The sector raises, and changes texture, but I was kind of hoping the texture it would change to is the same as texture of that 'Higher Floor' it's referring to, but it isn't.

I've tried to find a logic in it, but failed. Can anyone tell me how I can influence this?

I'm not sure about this one in particular, as some of the triggers do it differently, but it might change to the floor texture of the sector that the line is facing.

If you don't want that texture to actually be visible, you can make it a thin sector and lower it into the floor a bit, not putting any lower textures on so that the upper flat bleeds across it and looks solid. (Keep in mind, though, that lowering the floor more than 24 units will stop monsters from crossing it, as they'll treat it as a ledge.)

esselfortium said:

I'm not sure about this one in particular, as some of the triggers do it differently, but it might change to the floor texture of the sector that the line is facing.

If you don't want that texture to actually be visible, you can make it a thin sector and lower it into the floor a bit, not putting any lower textures on so that the upper flat bleeds across it and looks solid. (Keep in mind, though, that lowering the floor more than 24 units will stop monsters from crossing it, as they'll treat it as a ledge.)

It changes the flat texture to that of the sector that the trigger linedef is facing I believe.

It's not the texture of an adjacent sector, Esselfortium, but it is indeed the same texture as the sector the activating linedef is facing, so Vermil's option sounds likely. I'll try that one! The very thin sector idea is still a good one though, since I don't want that texture anywhere near the triggering linedef :)

Is your pit completely surrounded by the texture that you want it to change to?

If not, then the lowest-numbered-linedef of that pit sector may be significant. For some texture changing functions in vanilla, the texture changes to the texture on the opposite side of the lowest-numbered-linedef that's part of the boundary of the changing sector.

Sorry about the quality of that sentence.