Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jobro

Checking what skill you play with ACS?

Can you check what skill you are playing, and maybe what class you play? Also. Can you set different start locations depending on what skill / class you are playing?

jobro said:

Can you check what skill you are playing, and maybe what class you play?

Why not just play the wad and click what difficulty you want to play?
Also, in zdoom, go to options, then player options and check your class.

jobro said:

Also. Can you set different start locations depending on what skill / class you are playing?

Go into your editor, place a player start down, and look at the tickboxes on the right side of the thing properties, and tick and untick the ones you want and don't want.

the iron hitman said:

Go into your editor, place a player start down, and look at the tickboxes on the right side of the thing properties, and tick and untick the ones you want and don't want.

I'm pretty sure that player starts have special handling and ignore things like skill settings. I remember ReX having a problem related to this on one of his maps. I think he ended up using teleport destinations and having the player start in the same spot in all difficulty settings, but teleport somewhere different depending on the setting chosen.

jobro said:

Can you check what skill you are playing

I think this is what he means, ie checking what the skill is ingame.
Also, this checks the class.

That was my intention. Being able to controll the game parameters making the game harder and a bit more unpredictable. Thanx!