Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SYS

error 6 in 3d mode: overflow

ERROR 6 IN 3D MODE: OVERFLOW

Thats the error message that pops up when I try to enter 3d mode. My killer productive nocturnal mapping session has come to a halt. Actually all my mapping will be on hiatus till I figure this out. I've tried searching around but in every case where someone has experienced the problem, nobody can find a solution.

heh, video.

I don't know the bug. Try a different nodebuilder. Doom Builder 1 is no longer in development, because Doom Builder 2 is coming, so I am no longer fixing bugs. I might be very kind and do a one last bug fix session for Doom Builder 1 at some time maybe, but don't bet your money on it.

Fucking hell. No luck with trying that at all. I don't get it. It works fine and brilliantly for the longest time and I decide to enter 3d mode one day and it randomly goes all permagimped on me. You know what it's like wanting to map and not being able to due to some unsolvable random error? I've been up all night trying to fix this. *sigh*

Worst comes to worst, I guess I still got my laptop. Only it overheats after half an hour and I have to rip it apart and fix that. Bleh. Super Bleh. Ah well, thanks for trying.

I've experienced this same problem and it seems to occur only in Doom Builder regardless of what node builder is used. After suspecting it was another issue with DB disliking explorer.exe for some odd reason, I killed that but the error persisted. Rebooting was the only thing that corrected the error for me. I'm hoping there is another option that can be done without having to result to that.

Lutarez you're a genius. You solved my issue. Rebooting was the one thing that I didn't attempt. I've a tendency like alot of people to just leave my comp on all the time cause I DL crap. It's probably been at least 2 months since I last rebooted this thing. lol. Worked like magic.

Thanks alot Lutarez, and once again Imp, appreciate your willingness to solve the issue.

There's a bug in 3D mode's timer that causes it to overflow if the system's been running more than a few weeks, IIRC.