Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First allow me to say hello all. Nice to meet ya'll.

My problem is recently I downloaded Knee Deep in Zdoom, but for some reason I can't get it to work. Does anyone have any idea why I'm runing into this problem?

Do you use ZDoom/GZDoom and Doom.wad as Iwad ? (it works with doom2.wad but with missing textures I believe)
Btw this thread should be in the 'Wads & Mods' section :P

Yeah, I realized I misposted about two seconds after I originally posted. Is there a way a mod can move the op please?

And to answer your question yes I do run Zdoom now (after Doom 95 mysteriously stoped working on me). So I don't know much about Zdoom. The file I downloaded both from here and the semi-official site its from was devoid of anything that had a wad extension. Instead there was something with a pk extension.

KDiZD has a .pk3 extension, and should be treated no differently. Just run it as you would a .wad.

But how do I do that? like I stated, I'm not really famiallar with zdoom. I tried do it as if Iwas running a wad off ofregular doom (the -kdizd.pk3 on the run command) but that didn't work.

All I have is the vanilla version, notultimate. And Doom2 is in a totally seperate folder.

This wad seems vey good so far, but I was wondering two things... are there any music files that replace the original music with some rearranged versions? And is anyone working on something simiallar to kdizd for the other episodes in Doom?

Read Esselfortium's signature :P
But about true sequals, I dunno if it's planned

Professor Giovani said:

are there any music files that replace the original music with some rearranged versions?

There is no replacement designed specially for KDIZD, afaIk. I find the tracks from Kinkiness (which are nicely done techno/ambient versions) fit them quite well, though.

LogicDeLuxe said:

There is no replacement designed specially for KDIZD, afaIk. I find the tracks from Kinkiness (which are nicely done techno/ambient versions) fit them quite well, though.

I wasn't looking spefically for music fitting kdizd, but thanks for the suggestion. I don't suppose that you can provide a link by any chance?

The Doom patches can be a real pain because they check the exact date of every file and start to complain if something isn't right or missing and abott the entire patching process if even a single byte doesn't match. Even a missing readme.txt causes them to abort.

I still can remember that I was unable to patch my Doom v1.1 because the EXE's date of the installation was off by an hour. I don't remember how I found out how to correct this but it meant that I was unable to upgrade to later versions for a very long time.

Sure, it is the best thing to do against piracy to make sure everything is in order to the last detail. You could copy the files from your original media anytime, unless they are broken.

Graf Zahl said:

I still can remember that I was unable to patch my Doom v1.1 because the EXE's date of the installation was off by an hour.

I didn't experienced this with Doom, though I spotted two different CD's of another game, and I was quite surprised when I noticed that all files on those CD's were identical, except for a one hour difference in every single file. So, I suppose this can happen indeed. I wonder this is possible how?

If it's only the EXE file, you could download the shareware version, which usually uses the same.
If you only need to patch the WAD file, there is a command line to the patching tool for ignoring missing files. This feature might be disabled, though. I didn't check.

Professor Giovani said:

I wasn't looking spefically for music fitting kdizd, but thanks for the suggestion. I don't suppose that you can provide a link by any chance?

http://www.kinkiness.de/download.html
It is the first entry on the remix page right here, btw: http://www.doomworld.com/classicdoom/info/music.php?wad=remix

Professor Giovani said:
I've tried using that, but for some reason it says Doom 1.9 registered required (which I have) and than when I press okay it gives me a random message saying "Files not found"

Try Doompatcher...

Played the mod all the way through. Very good, not easy at all (I wish they'd hire these people for new games). Good level designs,and they aren't obvious. One or two minnor things. Weapon placement made life alittle difficult early on in the mod, and I didn't particularly care for the grenade launcher or the riffle thing that replaced the BFG.

Yeah, the grenade launcher in Skulltag has much better physics.

I liked the rifle though - the BFG would be out of place in an episode 1 remake anyway.

Graf Zahl said:

The Doom patches can be a real pain because they check the exact date of every file and start to complain if something isn't right or missing and abott the entire patching process if even a single byte doesn't match. Even a missing readme.txt causes them to abort.

Not if you patch with -ignoremissing.

Never knew about that. It would have saved me a lot of trouble a few years ago. Of course now it's too late because I don't need to run the patcher anymore... ;)

exp(x) said:

Not if you patch with -ignoremissing.

That seems like it defeats the purpose of a rigorous patching program.

Creaphis said:

That seems like it defeats the purpose of a rigorous patching program.

This feature can be disabled during creating the patch. I didn't check if this is the case for the Doom upgrades, though.

I don't think that it defeats the restriction to the official Doom 2 v1.666 as the official EXE is freely available anyways.

LogicDeLuxe said:

This feature can be disabled during creating the patch. I didn't check if this is the case for the Doom upgrades, though.

It will still fail if you're missing doom(2).exe or doom(2).wad.