Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
chexwarrior

Pictures of Doom Backgrounds

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could post a link to any (or all) of the backgrounds in Doom(esp. the mountains in E1, E2, E3 and the cityscape in Doom II). They make for good desktop backgrounds.

Thanks.

EDIT: Unstretched if possible.

Your referring to just the ingame backgrounds, right?

Cause I remember there was a thread a while ago that showed where the backgrounds actually came from, like the mountains in E1 were from an asian country but looked very pretty.

You realize that these backgrounds were displayed on a screen resolution of 320x200, right? Unless someone has the source images somewhere (doubtful) then you'll have to make do with the in-game pictures. Which you can rip using any WAD editor.

Look for the "DOOM Hires Texture Pack" (don't know link from the top of my head) it has re-created sky textures of higher resolution you might like.

I'd love to know the origins of Doom mountains other than SKY1. Bare skies wouldn't hurt either. I guess SKY3 (from Inferno) is also taken from China.

printz said:

I'd love to know the origins of Doom mountains other than SKY1. Bare skies wouldn't hurt either. I guess SKY3 (from Inferno) is also taken from China.

Yeah, same here. The landforms in SKY3 are phenomenal, I'd love to see their equivalent in reality (if it exists).