Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SYS

Man arrested after trying to cash 360 Billion dollar cheque

Not even the 50 grams of marijuana found in his pocket can explain why he attempted it.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/080502/koddities/oddity_big_cheque

By The Associated Press
ADVERTISEMENT

FORT WORTH, Texas - Tellers at the Texas bank were immediately suspicious.

After all, it isn't every day someone walks in to cash a cheque with 10 zeros on it.

But police say 21-one-year-old Charles Ray Fuller of the Fort Worth suburb of Crowley tried to do just that.

Fuller now faces forgery and other charges after trying to cash a cheque for $360-billion last week.

Fuller, who was released after posting $3,750 bail, claims his girlfriend's mother gave him the cheque to start a record business, a claim the woman denies.

In addition to forgery, Fuller has been charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon and possessing marijuana.

Police say they found more than 50 grams of marijuana and a .25-calibre handgun and magazine in his pockets.

POTGIESSER said:

Not even the 50 grams of marijuana found in his pocket can explain why he attempted it.

I thought that explains it pretty well. Still, the guy's an idiot.

Now that's just stupid. Carrying 50 grams of marijuana around is not smart at all, let alone taking it with you to a bank trying to cash in a 360 billion dollar check. 50 grams is a fuckton of weed.

I'm sure it would have been impossible for the loser to get the bank to cash a 360 thousand dollar check. wtf was he thinking?

such an idiot.

The kind of pockets that conceal a handgun. Total gangbanger pants.

POTGIESSER said:

claims his girlfriend's mother gave him the cheque to start a record business

He should have approached Sony and asked if they were for sale. :D
Idiot!

Heh, i remember seeing on "America's Dumbest Criminals" (the showing was patchy over here, what came first, the "news" type one or the "two hosts in a studio" type one?) that some guy tried to pay for something with a $100,000 bill he had made by pasting extra zeroes onto a $10

Danarchy said:

The kind of pockets that conceal a handgun. Total gangbanger pants.

It was a .25, those are about the size of a pack of cigarettes. Really tiny.

Also, 2 ounces could easily fit in several pockets in the form of multiple baggies of pot. Even 2 ounces in one bag isn't really THAT big of a bulge.

He was definitely in a state of altered consciousness thinking he could cash a check that big. Whether it was the marijuana or plain stupidity is debatable. :p

I guess it must be uncommon in Texas for mens girlfriend's mother's to lend more money than Bill Gates has to make entrepreneurial decisions.

maybe he only had half of his marijuana left over in his pockets from his previous session that day.

yes, i do realize that smoking 50 grams of weed is a lot, especially in one sitting.

It's obvious it wasn't about the money, the guy just wanted to go to the history books as "The dude who tried to cash a check for 360 Billion dollars" I applaud him for that.

Marijuana to a bank? WTF?

TheAdmantArchvile said:

Wow. This guy shoud get a darwin or at least a honorable mentioned

No, because he didn't kill himself or even put his life in danger.

360 degrees and walk away, etc.

TheAdmantArchvile said:

Wow. This guy shoud get a darwin or at least a honorable mentioned

No, because he didn't remove himself from the gene pool.