Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Inferno

Iron Man

Did anyone see Iron Man? I saw it tonight and I gotta say it was a pretty solid movie. Got to see some cool armors and Robert Downy Jr. made a pretty good Tony Stark.

It was meh.

The scenes where he's stomping on terrorists where enjoyable and they didn't have any of what I call "obnoxious CGI" (think the bridge in X-men 3) but it got so damn predictable that I spent most of the third act wishing I was home playing GTA IV.

But hey, the rest of the internet loves it.

Edit: I fail grammar :(

Might see it in the week

When's X Men 4 coming out anyway? they said they'd "only make 3" but left the end of the third one wide open

When's X Men 4 coming out anyway? they said they'd "only make 3" but left the end of the third one wide open

There's going to be a Wolverine spin-off.

As for Iron Man, I'm yet to see it.

Coopersville said:

As for Iron Man, I'm I've yet to see it.

Same here. Looks good though and from the general "It was good" consenus, I'll most likely see it.

It was a solid bound-to-have-a-sequel movie. All in all, there was few action scenes, the final battle sadly not being the best of them. I particularly enjoyed Robert Downey Jr and I sure hope to see where they'll take the character from there. Also, the coolness factor of the sonic bangs when the armor passes mach 1 is unbelievable.

JohnnyRancid said:

john romero liked it.

John Romero also likes a lot of stupid shit, so his opinion is worthless to me.

I like superhero movies and I'm really looking forward to seeing this one, I always liked Iron Man in those comic books.

it was good...except for the final fight.
[edited to remove minor spoilers]
other than that: two thumbs up

Julian Now said:

It was a solid bound-to-have-a-sequel movie.

they already have a tentative release date scheduled for part 2. in it they plan to introduce thor to set up for his movie. they also have a release date for "the first avenger: captain america" (working title). and in case you guys haven't heard, robert downy jr. as tony stark will do a cameo in the new hulk movie. so they will be interconecting the movies to set up for a planned avengers movie. hope they don't frack it up.

Yeah, I heard about that. Sounds epic, but whether it can be done is another thing.

Yeah I heard he will be making an appearence in the hulk movie, I'll get a kick out of that. I hope hulk turns out to be good unlike that garbage in 2003.

the hulk movie is gonna be a reboot, so no connection to the first movie. I read they are gonna have some homages to the old tv series with bill bixby and lou ferigno. the trailer makes it look like it has some good action. BTW, I heard mention that when emil blonsky asks to get another shot at the hulk, general ross mentions that in the 40's there was an experiment to make a "super soldier", an offhanded reference to capt. america. just another way in which they are connecting the movies.

Finally went to go see it.

It was good

And having seen the trailer for the new hulk + the cameo by Iron Man, I think I'll have to go see that when it comes out too.