Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dco16

[RELEASED] NMD2 - An Overview of Hell

New, underdetailed, e2-style episode for Doom 1, theoretically compatible with doom.exe. All levels are inspired by e2 design, with the exception of Deimos Labs because it is ugly. Seriously, STONGARG used as a tiled wall, all along a whole hallway, 256 tall, EVERYWHERE. Why, god, why?

Download: ftp://ftp.gamers.org/pub/idgames/newstuff/nmd2.zip

If you don't like it, blame Germany.

Edited: The WAD is about 100% done...

e2m1 - Gateway
e2m2 - Depot
e2m3 - Main Engineering
e2m4 - Torture Chambers
e2m5 - Chemical Labs
e2m6 - Leadworks
e2m7 - Deimos Reactor
e2m8 - Hellbound
e2m9 - Marble Yards

e2m2 - Depot

e2m3 - Main Engineering

moar e2m3

Looking great looking forward to this one as well, I liked E1 of NMD perhaps you should do all episodes :p

Youre seem to make fast progress with this one.

esselfortium said:

Nice. Your e2m3 shots look like they should be e2m6 though. o_O

I'm not nailing level styles down to map slots.

Ahh, okay. And as for the e2m4 theme, I think Espi and Torn did a really nice job with it for Flashback e2m4, using (iirc) compspan, metal1, stone2/3, gray/stone, compblue/blue carpet, and some techy-looking redwall highlights. You can do it :P

looks good to me, but instead of disregarding detail completely (im sure you arent) have good texture alignment and flat matching with textures and such.

Very high expectations for this episode, not to put any pressure on you. I agree with esselfortium, though, on the issue of E2M4. STONGARG doesn't even come to mind when I think of the Deimos Lab until someone reminds me.

Looks promising i really enjoyed EP1 im sure ill do the same with EP2 ;)

Testing everything now. Should be done within the next couple of days.

nice, 99% done. theoretically this would take a few minutes, seeing how fast you have been mapping.

Butts said:

nice, 99% done. theoretically this would take a few minutes, seeing how fast you have been mapping.

99% meant testing. Lots of testing. There's always one more misaligned texture.

At this pace, you'll have NMD 3 out by next week. :)

If you do a complete series, will you bundle them together as a megawad?

These levels ARE nice! I've played through E2M5 and have reached E2M6, they def. have a strong episode 2 feel, with area that remind u of the original... gameplay is superb and there are some sneaky secrets to watch out for. ;)

Ok, I just played this and everything is pretty cool and all, but when I reached E2M6, the game crashed and said that lines 499, 503, 510, and 511 have no front sector and that they needed to be fixed in order for it to be playable.

I used R907 of ZDoom while playing.

The four linedefs in question are oriented so that their back sides are facing into the room. The room is indeed closed; however, even though the linedefs are solid, textured, one-sided and all that, I believe that the doom engine requires that all linedefs that border the null space outside the map must have their back side facing this area and the front side facing into the map (i.e. such linedefs must unconditionally have a front side.) Flipping these 4 linedefs will make the map playable.

that was the last fucking thing I fixed, putting DOORTRAK on those linedefs, and of course there has to be one wrong fucking keystroke in Doom Builder to make something so simple fuck everything up.

FUCK. Uploading new version.

EDIT: Re-uploaded, plus: FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Fiend said:

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.

I know the feeling. All that will be fixed on DB2.

I'll play it when I'll have more time, you're fast dude !

Lizardcommando said:

lines 499, 503, 510, and 511 have no front sector

This easily fixed error has still not been rectified. Using Risen3D E2M6 will not run unless the nodes are rebuilt.

hawkwind2 said:

This easily fixed error has still not been rectified. Using Risen3D E2M6 will not run unless the nodes are rebuilt.

It's sitting in /incoming/. It's out of my hands.

I've played through all the levels, even E2M6, which is very simple to fix in an editor. Anyone who hasn't checked this episode out, do so now. I don't know how you could possibly regret it.

NMD had some weaker levels in it, I thought, and a few clear flaws. NMD2 is about as perfect as a WAD of this style can be. Every level is spot on. The single letdown that comes to mind is the final battle, which could easily have been more interesting. This was the best time I've had playing Doom in a while.

If there is a NMD3, I can't image how you can improve on this installment, but I have a feeling you will.

Yeah it was pretty easy to fix. Just search in say DooM Builder, flip the 4 problem lines and check off the correct sides, apply texture and uncheck the now defunct side. Than assign corr3ect sides to correct sectors. Took 2 minutes. :D