Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shanoa

City themed levels

See i am a huge fan of city-like map in Doom and i was wondering...if someone know or could send me the wad link to the BIGGEST city map ever created in Doom.If there is one existing. ;_;

I haven't played a lot of wads that are super big on city maps. The first thing that comes to mind for me when I think "big city map" is MAP29 of Plutonia. That's a fun one.

yeah, play kama sutra's maps, they are ridiculously fun. map 01 has a city in the background, map 09 is city ish, map 12 is kinda city ish, map 13(i think) is another city-ish level. there might be a couple more...

Csonicgo said:

there's a city map in Kama Sutra that's pretty big.

map29

Infinite Ammunition said:

community chest 2 had one, it was around map15 i think

Yeah it is level 15 and is called city heat. It's non-linear like most city maps of course but here you can also choose which weapon you'll get when. That's important because there 're 3 timers in that map.
Another map with an extra strategy twist is the escape from planet telex by Aluqah.
There's also one bloody night map 5 which is a though city map.
Also map28 of the new doom community project.
And from the author of cheogsh there's hellfire and hellfire 2 you can download them from here: http://www.darkwatcher.narod.ru/mapping.html
Some of these maps are very hard, btw. Hellfire 2 is a kind of remake of hellfire.

thx for the links guys...

To K!ra: Seems like the guy never relased it =/

Undead+priest said:

To K!ra: Seems like the guy never relased it =/

Heh he'll release it in June or July perhaps

Undead+priest said:
Seems like the guy never relased it =/

Unless you're posting through a time machine, that's expected, as he said he'd make it available yet in July.

err oh didnt seen the date the post have been made<___<

anyway i look forward for it

If anyone have more map to show me just post the link ^^

mdl.wad E1M9

EDIT: Also, please set more descriptive names for threads you create in the future.

mdl is a deathmatch wad. I just read you asked for the biggest.
I think it's cava.
If I open up this one in doombuilder and I want to see the whole map, I got 2% while using 1024x768 as screen resolution . Kama sutra map29 has 8%. That map29 has a city theme but it doesn't play like one, you can't move as freely as in the other city maps mentioned here.
Comments about cava aren't that fair imo. Within a minute you can have a plasma gun and a death cyberdemon, so I think it has been playtested before it's release.

Oh my god, I can't believe nobody mentioned Doom City, one of the best city levels despite its age. It's not "big" but it's certainly one of the better maps out there.

Squadron.wad, map 21 as I recall

Then, there is another where 2 cybers chase you through town. Tough map. If I think of the name of it I will edit or repost.

TimeOfDeath said:

dal01 has several city-like maps.

I checked this map7,8,14,15 are city maps. I think you need jumping to play the first two maps (though the textfile states it's doom compatible). If I remember well neodoom from the same author has also city themed maps.
Map13 of requiem is also a nice city map.
e3m3 from extremal looks nice, combat is oldskool.
downtown is another city map for ultimate doom. A lot of effort (and some bad taste) went into this map, it plays rather well.
city of the damned by Tormentor667.
There is also a very good and though city map where you start in a small graveyard but I forgot the name.

Searcher said:

Squadron.wad, map 21 as I recall

Then, there is another where 2 cybers chase you through town. Tough map. If I think of the name of it I will edit or repost.

Or you could just grab the individual level, altier6.wad (the level name is Altier 6).

That one is pretty massive as I recall, too.

I made one a while back, I am also a fan of downtown settings... I think my map is great fun ... not overly detailed due to its size ... I called t3000.wad

http://www.geocities.com/mmanwads

This has been my first time back to the forum in a looong time ... nice to see thing still a goin ....

Best regards,
Moneyman

I remember several pretty impressive city levels in Neo Doom megawad by Daniel. I remember one shorter city map with a huge football stadium, very nicely details with new gfx and stuff. And several other big levels based on cities. These come I think after 10-15 episodes or something.

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12621