Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Ecomonic Collapse of the U.S. a Inside Job?

I was looking through What Really Happened and found this disturbing article...

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.invest.stocks/msg/06f296ee4dbac8a2

it seems that all the Economic Collapses happening recently in the U.S. seems to be actually orchestrated by the Government which them forcing web site administrations to take off anything reporting this content seems to be evidence that this is real and the Government is simply trying to cover their asses for one obvious reason...(to prevent revolutions)

opinions?

The article has been there for 4 months and not taken down. If there really was a conspiracy at government level, they would've noticed the message before now.

If you real pay attention to the markets and not doomsday scenarios spilled out by whomever, you'd see that it's not a total collapse, many sectors are actually doing well (market research for one), residential housing is down but commercial properties are up. There are fluxes in markets all the time, just because we haven't had one this bad in a while doesn't mean it's the end of the world. We couldn't possibly sustain the growth of everything forever.

And to the point about having "proof" that "the gov'ment" is taking down web page content, where is this proof? And I'm not just talking about anecdotal, but concrete. There's no more proof than me claiming that "the gov'ment' is killing squirrels to explain why I haven't seen many in the last few days.

And to cover a few bases:
No I do not like bush nor did I ever vote for him or support anyone in his party/cabinet/etc.
No I am not a registered democrat (or republican or libertarian or anything).
No I do not believe that every conspiracy is "just a theory".
No I do not take what I read or what I am presented with full truth.

My opinion is that the government really doesn't care. Everything they do, every piece of legislation they pass, is in an attempt to keep us all as placid as possible while extracting the greatest amount of revenue from us as possible. Our country's economy is a reflection of how good the administration is at doing this.

The Executive branch (including the president) should have no power whatsoever over the economy. The economy is just weird, and this happens.. a lot.

Let's look at where the average Joe's money is going, though. More specifically , mine.

Where I live, I'm having to pay a tax to cover the City's ass on a conspiracy in a sewer project. The fuckers got away with millions and now I gotta pay for it. There's your inside jobs- at the state and city level.

Taxes and payments and shit is also where a good chunk of my money went. That little rebate check we got? Straight into the damn mortgage payment. It might have paid a third of it. 15% sales tax, all these little taxes to pay for white collar crime screwups in this town--- yeah, nightmare doom's right, there are conspiracies in this world. only where I live, it's OBVIOUS and no conspiracy theorist has to really point out anything! it's right in front of our faces.

I think everyone is suspicious of what the government is up to ever since the Watergate Scandal.

I think that the U.S. economy's problems are caused by idiots in office.

However, I wouldn't call it a conspiracy. They aren't smart enough to do this on purpose.

Well for what it's worth CSonicGo, it sounds like everything you mentioned is due to your local and state governments and your own doing [mortgage payment (you bought a house? How old are you again?)] while this thread more or less looks like its based on the theory that federal government is responsible for the "collapse".

I've always had in the back of my mind we are due for another recession to give the economy a reboot. The way gas and food prices are going up it's hard for anyone with just a min job to survive.

Ralphis said:

Well for what it's worth CSonicGo, it sounds like everything you mentioned is due to your local and state governments and your own doing [mortgage payment (you bought a house? How old are you again?)] while this thread more or less looks like its based on the theory that federal government is responsible for the "collapse".

the mortgage wasn't my doing-- I and my family was one of the many that got shafted due to the equity collapse- and yes, I help contribute to the paying of my parent's house--- didn't you?

But other than that Ralphis, yeah you're right. Conspiracy is better on a state level.

people who think they can change the business cycle are deluded. *cough* George Bush *cough*

Meanwhile, real estate value has risen in my city by 50% in the past year (yes, risen, year) and the one-bedroom apartment I'm in now would be put on the market for $350,000 if it were a converted to a condo. I'm now paying a few bucks under $1k/month to rent. Fortunately, though, my raises in pay are currently keeping pace.

If I were to buy an equivalent place now, I would be sending around $2500 per month out the door. Now please, send some of that devalued real estate in my direction.

TheDarkArchon said:

The article has been there for 4 months and not taken down. If there really was a conspiracy at government level, they would've noticed the message before now.

Four months? More like four years - check the second-last paragraph.

"if George Bush has a second term in office."

This is an old conspiracy theory rant that should be dragged into a back alley and shot.

Csonicgo said:

yes, I help contribute to the paying of my parent's house--- didn't you?

No, I couldn't even legally work by the time our house was paid off.

EDIT: Also Ecomonic

AndrewB said:

Meanwhile, real estate value has risen in my city by 50% in the past year (yes, risen, year) and the one-bedroom apartment I'm in now would be put on the market for $350,000 if it were a converted to a condo. I'm now paying a few bucks under $1k/month to rent. Fortunately, though, my raises in pay are currently keeping pace.

If I were to buy an equivalent place now, I would be sending around $2500 per month out the door. Now please, send some of that devalued real estate in my direction.

Quiet, canuck.

Asking your kids to help pay for your mortgage is the worst thing ever. Way to ruin their credit and get them into debt before they even get started in the world.

AndrewB said:

Yeah this whole "400K for a hamster cage" is getting out of hand.

Danarchy said:

Asking your kids to help pay for your mortgage is the worst thing ever. Way to ruin their credit and get them into debt before they even get started in the world.

As opposed to your parents losing their house? The very people that raised you? Maybe if your parents were total cuntbags I could see such sentiment. Besides, who says one would have to fuck their own credit helping them out? How would taking a chunk of your cheque and handing it to them to pay for their mortgage constitute ruining of personal credit and collecting debt?

I fail to see what would facilitate such problematic debt by wanting to bail your parents out. Unless you already have other debts that you would have to put aside, or you financed a loan to help them pay it.

Nightmare Doom said:

I was looking through What Really Happened and found this disturbing article...

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.invest.stocks/msg/06f296ee4dbac8a2
opinions?

Doesn't this seem to be quite far behind the times? Really, I don't even have to say much, as Darkarchon and Mancubus II pretty much summed up what I would have said...as always.

Oh, and POTGIESSER: lets try to be friendly here. Danarchy probably didn't mean it like that.

There's a difference between hard-working and unfortunate parents who request the financial help of their kids, and parents who assume they're entitled to major financial gifts from their kids just because they raised them. I am of the persuasion that parents of the second category are jackasses.

Boo boo sahkina sahkina!!
Ammoooo booj sakhinas boojinhajas!!
Amans sans junis bakihnas!!!

Yeah, I'm a conspirator, kill me. This whole thing only amounts to blubberish, I mean seriously, c'mon!!

This is simply UnAmerican!!!!!

)WEll, more than that, really(

Figure it out for yourself

Don't you just love it how certain idiots fall for any conceivable conspiracy theory out there instead of reading articles from (even marginally) trustworthy sources?

Graf Zahl said:

Don't you just love it how certain idiots fall for any conceivable conspiracy theory out there instead of reading articles from (even marginally) trustworthy sources?

No.

Creaphis said:

There's a difference between hard-working and unfortunate parents who request the financial help of their kids, and parents who assume they're entitled to major financial gifts from their kids just because they raised them. I am of the persuasion that parents of the second category are jackasses.

Pretty much what I meant. However, my mom was in pretty deep mortgage the last few years I was living there and she never asked me for money. When she finally sold it, she only made $6k off a $300k house. She said she should have gotten out of there a long time ago. Anyway, she has the philosophy that she shouldn't charge rent to her kids so they can have enough money to move out and support themselves. The reason she left home when she was a kid was because her parents tried to do it to her. :P

Graf Zahl said:

I wonder if this means his probation is over.

Nightmare Doom said:
it seems that all the Economic Collapses happening recently in the U.S. seems to be actually orchestrated by the Government which them forcing web site administrations to take off anything reporting this content seems to be evidence that this is real and the Government is simply trying to cover their asses for one obvious reason...(to prevent revolutions)

opinions?

The article is on various sites, so there is no indication that there are attempts to take it down specifically (the comment at the top may well just be something the poster or spammer made up). The dude that wrote the original has a site where he offers "Political, Economic & Financial Intelligence" on a pay-to-read basis. He claims to be someone who was involved in the Iran Contra affair, and published a book about that subject. The article in question is listed on the page (it's from the period before the '04 elections, as GreyGhost noted), and is for subscribers only, so perhaps the author himself may be demanding the removal of the article, if he hasn't given permission for it to be posted elsewhere.

In any case, what the article itself argues or speculates doesn't simplify things to the level of "the Government orchestrated it all".

Riddle me this too!

"1984 happened in 1930 and we're just now finding out about it." - Jello Biafra, 7/22/82 at GWU

Creaphis said:

parents who assume they're entitled to major financial gifts from their kids just because they raised them. I am of the persuasion that parents of the second category are jackasses.

I didn't word it like that, but basing it solely on that principle alone I agree.

Prince of Darkness said:

Oh, and POTGIESSER: lets try to be friendly here. Danarchy probably didn't mean it like that.

Maybe I didn't mean it that way either. I was being friendly.

Danarchy said:

Pretty much what I meant. However, my mom was in pretty deep mortgage the last few years I was living there and she never asked me for money. When she finally sold it, she only made $6k off a $300k house. She said she should have gotten out of there a long time ago. Anyway, she has the philosophy that she shouldn't charge rent to her kids so they can have enough money to move out and support themselves. The reason she left home when she was a kid was because her parents tried to do it to her. :P

Good enough for me. Once the personal reasoning behind the perspective gets added, it gets alot clearer than as a general statement.

I think a civil war would be good for us right now.And yes I know it sounds stupid,but our gov is so fucked up right now theres no saving it.

Seeing how the gov is carrying out an unsaid policy of scorched earth on the masses and everything I don't see why we shouldn't treat them the same.