Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
xgmx

monsters and players shoot through walls

Is the Block Monster flag set on your wall lines? I've found that forgetting this setting causes shots to also pass through the wall.

What editor are you using? I remember DEU required some extra moves in order to avoid this.

Steeveeo said:

Is the Block Monster flag set on your wall lines? I've found that forgetting this setting causes shots to also pass through the wall.

This is pretty not true at all.

xgmx said:

You can download it and see what I mean (it's not done though). I am using Doom Builder and DeepSea.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE WAD

Ran into two problems while trying to download the wad.

1- It's not in a public part of the board. "You do not have permission to view this topic"
2- The board only displays properly in Internet Exploiter.

EDIT - Problem 2 solved. My ad-blocker was the culprit - I don't use it with IE.

really? me and L. Lawliet and xinx, three of the members on right now are using Firefox.

esselfortium said:

This is pretty not true at all.

Was true in my maps, using Doom Builder and standard nodebuilder (Zennode?), I could shoot through single line (double sided) walls if the "Block Monster" flag was not set, but the "Impassible" flag was set, I've always had to set both on my double sided single line walls in order to get it to work.

there both set, and they still shoot throught he walls. They even shoot across the whole map to player 2's spawn location, and p1s spawn location is like 1000 squares away.

I would recommend that you use double-sided single-line walls as little as possible. Try opening up other wads to see how walls are typically constructed.

Creaphis said:

I would recommend that you use double-sided single-line walls as little as possible. Try opening up other wads to see how walls are typically constructed.

Yes, the easiest way to fix this problem would probably be to create a thin section of void space, then have 2 one-sided linedefs. Then it will be impossible for anything to shoot through your walls no matter what flags are set, and your walls will have a third dimension.

Of course, if you insist on two-sided blocking walls, then I don't know what to tell you.

This crazy dude is already banned, for this and other hilarious threads, but I'm sure he appreciates the help.