Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Your most HATED monster?

The monster I hate third to Spectre and Demon is the Chaingunner. Reason? He's overused in tech maps. There are too many chaingunners and inappropriate looking devils (thorny brown or horned pink monsters, grimly reaping revenants, unholy jesuses) in Doom 2 tech maps, in my opinion. I think Doom 2 needs more robotic horrors similar to the arachnotrons or mancubi to populate its sci-fi environments.

printz said:

The monster I hate third to Spectre and Demon is the Chaingunner. Reason? He's overused in tech maps.

Quoted for truth.

Chaingunners. Not Arch-viles, only because by the time i'm facing one, I'm usually BFG-Equipped (Plutonia can go die). But those Chaingunnners...they're everywhere.

i will add again Arch-vil just because of map21 in Kama sutra <_<

Friggin impossible it seems <__<

Mainly depends on level u play (I do all level at ultra violence). but I say chaingunner, pain elemental and arch-vile mostly (except hunted level).

Undead+priest said:

i will add again Arch-vil just because of map21 in Kama sutra <_<

Friggin impossible it seems <__<

Uhhh run and when you have a bfg and a lot of cell, come back, grab the invuln and spam them D:

I haven't any hated monster personnaly, even if the PE is sometime frustrating (but he can be funny if well placed).

Hmmm.....

Now the Archvile hate pops in, but I do agree that having too many like in K.S, then it'd kinda be considered as a hated. (To me, just alittle annoying.)

PE is kinda funny if it is placed right... I believe a good spot is having it in front of you (10 or so squares -doom edit talk-) and you walk forward as it launches a L.S at you, you dodge, a Baron or a group of Hell Knights is slightly behind you, and cause an infight with that soul and monster.

K!r4 said:

Uhhh run and when you have a bfg and a lot of cell, come back, grab the invuln and spam them D:

I haven't any hated monster personnaly, even if the PE is sometime frustrating (but he can be funny if well placed).

well each time i was running there was Archie that were using the teleporter to spawn in the same room than i and there is no cover and also i was low on ammo...but with a BFG i would have cleaned up stuff.

Watch the maxdemo on this map and you'll see how it's easy in fact...

yea i think i will...see i was kinda impress with my own skills in KS coz in some lvls there is a fucktons of enemies and i was impress to see that i could handle it hehe so i started playing KS again.But the lvl Cyber machine is kinda boring personally i always skip it.

You know, i'll have to change my opinion to Baron of Hell, because he's used so improperly it makes my eyes hurt. Either make him a common enemy when you have the proper weapons to dispose of him, make him a boss when you don't, just don't go putting him around every damn corner when the best gun you've got is a Chaingun and a Rocket Launcher, useful for killing yourself at a moment's notice and less than 2 metres of space.

Revenant. Simply because the scream still scares the crap out of me if I go around a corner not paying attention. The homing rockets are annoying too.

I would have to say the Lost souls too, because of all the reasons already mentioned.

i can live with chaingunners being overused in tech maps as long as they're in the right place: not so far away that they keep sniping at you when you have no cover (and you can't shoot back accurately when playing with autoaim / no mouselook). map with lots of human enemies and little cover = bad map, mostly. such maps are difficult to play for speed and mostly terribly boring when your best bet is sniping them.

other than that, enemies with stupidly high hit points but posing little threat, like a horde of barons in the open. as you see it's not as much the monster itself as using it wrong. waste of ammo and they don't even drop some.

I would have to say that my most hated enemy is the revenant. I don't like how fast he is and the homing missiles are, indeed, very annoying. I also don't like how they can get into short places. You think you'd be safe in a hole with a ceiling height of 64, but they prove you wrong by walking right on in.

Dreadopp said:

I also don't like how they can get into short places. You think you'd be safe in a hole with a ceiling height of 64, but they prove you wrong by walking right on in.

Having been cornered in low-ceiling rooms by headless barons - I know how you feel.