Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deldelda

IDESE ...

I recently downloaded the upgraded IDE package, and accidentally replaced the files in my IDESE folder instead of just the IDE folder. I've been looking to replace those files, but I can't find IDESE anywhere (even the IDE page only had the plain ol' IDE, and google searches of "IDE", "IDESE", "skulltag edition", "internet doom explorer", and "internet doom explorer skulltag edition" only yielded forum topics, and other results in a language which has "idese" as a word). The only way I could get my old IDESE files back was by re-downloading the entire 21.7 MB SkullTag installer zip, which is where I got it in the first place. Is there an easier way to get IDESE that I can't find?

PS ... I think it would be funny if the link to it was under my nose the whole time, and with just my luck, it probably is. Thanks to whomever points it out. =)

I'm on cable, so it's not. But I'm more concerned about their bandwidth.

why do you need IDESE instead of IDE? IDE can do all that IDESE and much more

Because IDESE is made specifically for skulltag so you don't see any servers open for other multiplayer ports.

deldelda said:

I'm on cable, so it's not. But I'm more concerned about their bandwidth.

That's quite magnanimous. But, considering that Skulltag.com doesn't even seem to offer smaller patch downloads for version upgrades, I don't think that their bandwidth usage is a major concern.

Jim Rainer said:

Because IDESE is made specifically for skulltag so you don't see any servers open for other multiplayer ports.

IDE has option to turn off any port - so you can see only what you want (except you certainly hate letter "Z" :) )

And coupled with the server filter it's powerful if you want to see only what interest you.
Actually I have ZDaemon and Skulltag activated with ctf, duel and invasion servers only.