Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Nemark

Is the "Lost Episodes of Doom" book worth a read?

I'm making my way through the Doom novels and haven't hit the alleged "wtf" spots yet. I'm about half way through the first book. Anyway, I was wondering if the "Lost Episodes of Doom" book was any good since I might want some more Doom related literature after I'm done with these four books.

The "Lost Episodes of Doom" isn't so much a novel as a detailed guide to a megawad that should accompany the book on a floppy disk.

Is it a free book (like that 1 Internet Star Wars novel who's name escapes me)?

The Lost Episodes of Doom was and still is (i.e. it isn't abandon ware) a commercial Doom Megawad. It came on a floppy disk along with its own large guide book about how to beat it (the floppy was simply attached to the book).

As already mentioned:

GreyGhost said:

The "Lost Episodes of Doom" isn't so much a novel as a detailed guide to a megawad that should accompany the book on a floppy disk.

If you are interested in the history of DOOM, it has some interesting comments of the LEoD mapping development.

Aside from that, personally, I find that the levels have a well thoughtout design and gameplay. They are fun to play. Highly recommended.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=The+Lost+Episodes+of+Doom

Kappes Buur said:

Aside from that, personally, I find that the levels have a well thoughtout design and gameplay. They are fun to play. Highly recommended.

I'd say that even for 10+ year old stuff they are pretty mediocre and there's tons of much better stuff to be found for free at /idgames.

Graf Zahl said:

I'd say that even for 10+ year old stuff they are pretty mediocre and there's tons of much better stuff to be found for free at /idgames.

Yeah I don't understand these collectors either.

All the Doom paraphernalia I own is downloaded from Steam.

Kappes Buur said:

Too bad it requires a floppy drive... but that should be like $5 for a USB one.

Creaphis said:

Yeah I don't understand these collectors either.

Don't try to understand us - unless you enjoy migraines. :-)