Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sleepy_boy

h*e*x*e*n

I doubt we should let you post *ANY* story here, but I don't see whats stopping you.

Yes, but I'm planning to do one after DWJ3. *gasps*

And there's no way you're going to compete =) </end friendly arrogance that you should not take seriously>

I actually spent several days trying to figure out how to do an Hexen movie. I would post something here if I actually had any real english skills.

Well by the time DWJ3 comes out there'll probably be at least 10 hexen stories... :P

Yeah, and Millenium might actually get released too. ;P

Well by the time DWJ3 comes out there'll probably be at least 10 hexen stories... :P

Yeah, and Millenium might actually get released too. ;P

I really should smack you...

Do DWJ3 really exist?

Yes. It's in C:\My documents.

Without Hexen, there would be no Hexen 2

well, without Dangerous Dave by John Romero (©1991, Softdisk), there would be nothing. No id, no Keen, no wolf 3d, and no doom.

heh, I still have DD.

Frankly, Hexen is my fav Doom clone. Here's why:

1. The surroundings felt very real - lots of outside areas with nifty details (like falling leaves).

2. Something which didn't copy the whole Doom concept of shotguns and futuristic weapons, but instead had more focus on powerful melee weapons - the Hexen concept was pretty damn original as opposed to Heretic, which just featured Doom's weapons in disguise.

3. Music's some of the best in any Doom clone imo - only exeeded by Doom's music.

Back to the story element: If we're allowed to post Hexen stories, then I assume that I'm allowed to post a Wolfenstein story one day, when I'm done with my two Doom stories (yes you read two - I'll do another one, provided that I can pull off Evil Unleashed as intended).

Without Hexen, there would be no Hexen 2

well, without Dangerous Dave by John Romero (©1991, Softdisk), there would be nothing. No id, no Keen, no wolf 3d, and no doom.

heh, I still have DD.

Wasnt carmack responsible for the scrolling engine?

Wasnt carmack responsible for the scrolling engine?

Yep, if memory serves me correctly, I remember having read that he was very fond of the Mario games and wanted to bring side scrolling to the pc - he succeeded.

Back to the story element: If we're allowed to post Hexen stories, then I assume that I'm allowed to post a Wolfenstein story one day, when I'm done with my two Doom stories (yes you read two - I'll do another one, provided that I can pull off Evil Unleashed as intended).

I once started on a cross-genre story, but my skill was not enough. I failed it. I do better at writing song lyrics and screenplays.

I once started on a cross-genre story, but my skill was not enough. I failed it. I do better at writing song lyrics and screenplays.

Hmm, I remember seeing a weird wolfenstein-based community story. It started off half-decently, but then became some crappy mish-mash of BJ working with the DW members to save someone (I've forgotten who - at this point of the story I had stopped caring) from the evil clutches of..I think it was..shotgun-bill?
Man that was shitty!

Nah, my wolfenstein story (if it's ever going to be posted) will be based mostly on RtCW, but with elements from Wolfenstein 3d.
Reading (and enjoying) wildman's "Tomorrow's Yesterday" gave me a lot of inspiration and it was basically the factor, which made me want to make a pure Wolfenstein story myself - I hope Rick hasn't stopped writing "Tommorow's Yesterday".

haha. I just thought of somthing....

What if I wrote a hexen story in the style of fredriks "doom, the reel story!!!1"???