Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KennyJC

How does Ceiling Alignment to Line work?

To make this function work, you need to also use ZDoom's Line_SetIdentification as well. Basically, use the SetID function to give a tag to a specific line. Then, using ACS, write out the format given using the LineID you created and then put 0 to align in front of the line or 1 to align behind it.

Here's an example

script 1 OPEN
{
Line_AlignCeiling(8,0);
}
Whereas 8 is the tagged line and the ceiling will be aligned to the front of the line.

OK, so let's assume I'm trying to align a teleporter ceiling... what I do is make one of the lines of the teleporter a LineIdentification function. Then I Set LineID to 8... copy and paste the code you supplied into the ACS.

Now where I get fuzzy is with the ceiling alignment line. Does that go in a standalone sector outside the map? I saw an example of the align ceiling function in another map, but I could not find the align ceiling function anywhere in the map... just the LineIdent one.

Why not just use Sector_SetCeilingPanning? Seems much simpler to me. If I wanted to change a ceiling's texture alignment by 32 units horizontally and vertically, I could just create something like this:

Script 1 OPEN { Sector_SetCeilingPanning(1,32,0,32,0); }

AgentSpork said:

Why not just use Sector_SetCeilingPanning? Seems much simpler to me. If I wanted to change a ceiling's texture alignment by 32 units horizontally and vertically, I could just create something like this:

Script 1 OPEN { Sector_SetCeilingPanning(1,32,0,32,0); }

Well that seems straight forward, but just like my attempts with the previous method, the ceiling alignment isn't budging.

I made one of the linedefs of the sector the SetCeilingPanning, and tagged it to sector 8. I just left it on "player walks over", but also tried "player presses use" (made no difference) I tagged the sector as 8 also. The sector even lights up when you highlight the linedef. I then have the following code for the map:

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 OPEN
{
Sector_SetCeilingPanning(8,32,0,32,0);
}
Since nothing happened, I then filled in the values on the lindef screen for 8,32,0,32,0 to confirm what was in the code, but this did nothing when playtesting either.

What am I missing?

You don't have to set any linedef specials for it to work - just set the sector tag and write the script.

Edit: If it still doesn't want to work for you, I can send you a map I've got where I messed around with some ZDoom specific scripting - Ceiling Panning and Rotation included.