• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squonk

Ultimate Doom demos [-complevel 3]

DSDA page

old mod edit:

Spoiler

[MOD EDIT: Post demos on the Ultimate Doom iwad here (-complevel 3 recommended) unless they are for Compet~n.]

-----------

Nothing really special... I've done another nightmare! run of Doom - first episode, this time in 9:51. I know, this has been done several times, but it doesn't matter.

Edited by Maribo

Thanks all :)
I modified a bit the txt, forgot to thank some people (would have been stupid, regarding the number of times I watched other's demos, especially Ryback's and Vincent's ones :) )

There have been some nice demos for Vile Flesh these days, I enjoy them :)

I came back to uDoom ep1, to improve my old nm100s. Here it is, 11:21. I'm proud of it, but I'll try to push it under 11:00... :)

EDIT : I just watched the Cybersky demo, and I discovered this wad in the same time... Well, the demo is really nice, and so looks the wad, but I'm disappointed by the fact that there are really toooooo much life/ammos... You grab the BFG and you don't leave it until the end.

A really messy uDoom Episode1 Nightmare Speed:

http://users.skynet.be/fc175981/ep1-nm-800-Gd.zip

I'm really disappointed by this run...
I didn't practise the trick in the beggining on e1m6 and i didn't remember where the sergeant had to be...duh :/
After that, it's just safe play because I just wanted to finish it.
Don't know why i'm posting this really...maybe because it's the most frustrating run i've done.

I just a quite surprising demo.

I was going for an uDoom ep3 nightmare run and on e3m1 I got the luckiest pig hallway ever. Until i got to the imp room i wasn't really thinking about it but when I began shooting at them I realized I could maybe beat Xit Vono's time. But since I screwed up a SG hit in the pigs hallway and another hesitating about going for it or not in the imp room I just equaled the 31 seconds record. But I think 30 seconds is definitely possible! And it would be pretty awesome.

Here is the demo:

http://users.skynet.be/fc175981/e3m1-nm-031-Gd.zip

The only way I know to trigger all the secret lines is to run straight forward. Chances to avoid a linedef increase when you straferun, and increase again when you wallrun. Triggering 20 linedefs in a row when wallrunning is close to impossible, I guess.

An answer to Guiddqd's 8:00 on UDoom ep1 nm... 7:11 for me. But this was the last time I play this episode speedy.

Else, I enjoyed your demos, Anima! When I get some time, I'll try to record some max on this wad. It looks very fun to play. Maybe a movie for the whole wad... I'll see.

I don't know if I'm supposed to post this here but here we go:

I think I found a 'safe' route for the absolute dildo that n4m6 is.
To watch the demo, you'll have to use the -file command for the modified doom.wad. I just added weapons at the start.

http://users.skynet.be/fc175981/Divers/Doomod.zip

Here I'm going slowly to show that if your aiming correctly and don't make many mistakes it's DOABLE not EASY but nowhere near as hard as the old routes were.

Tell me what you think, as far as I'm concerned, I'm gonna use this route for an e4nm and I recommend to a lot a players who never beat this episode in Nightmare to do the same.

n4m6hehe.zip

myk said:

Guiddqd, please upload a PWAD with the modified E4M6, not the whole IWAD. All you have to do is delete all the lumps except the 11 map lumps.

This is both for copyright reasons, and to not make people download an unnecessarily large file.

How do I do that?

All you have to do is delete all the lumps except the 11 map lumps.

Or choose "File -> Save Map Into..." command in Doom Builder.

Hitherto said:

Or choose "File -> Save Map Into..." command in Doom Builder.

Ok thanks, it's done.