Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
herooftime1000

A sign? A curse?

I decided to take a spin through one of my favorite maps, Plutonia's Go 2 it. I was sweeping monsters under the rug one by one when, all of a sudden, I got a MASSIVE nosebleed. It didn't stop for quite a while and I'm pretty sure that all the fluid has been drained from my head...

Oof, I'm a bit lighted. Don't worry. I will be fine. But it was shocking that it happened so spontaneously...

I wonder if it's a sign for me to stop playing doom...

....NAH!

Uh, I think I'll go to bed now. I don't feel all that. Ugh..@.@

Nosebleeds can be caused by any of the following:

Drugs, alcohol, allergies, blood imbalances, heart failure, blood/bone marrow cancer, hypertension, diseases, narcotics, pregnancy, blood vessel disorders, anatomical deformities, chemical inhalants, inflammatory reactions, presence of foriegn bodies, tumors, nasal sprays, nasal prong O2, surgery, trauma, nose-picking, lower relative humidity, aircraft descent, or scuba-diving.

You learn something new everyday, don't you. =)

a knowledgeable fellow he is. dont forget you can get nosebleeds by getting your face smashed.

Butts said:

a knowledgeable fellow he is. dont forget you can get nosebleeds by getting your face smashed.

facepalm?

If I ever get another nosebleed from this point (I haven't in so many years) I'll call it "archvile's revenge."

Butts said:

Face smashed = trauma. =)

Perhaps we should add demonic curses to the list?... JK. =P

Red is one of the first colours to become invisible when you scuba-dive, so playing Doom 2 underwater will cause you to waste ammo as you won't be able to tell Barons and Knights apart

Uh, I've had spontaneous nosebleeds before, some of them have looked pretty vicious but I've been none the worse off.

Death-Destiny said:

Drugs, alcohol, allergies, blood imbalances, heart failure, blood/bone marrow cancer, hypertension, diseases, narcotics, pregnancy, blood vessel disorders, anatomical deformities, chemical inhalants, inflammatory reactions, presence of foriegn bodies, tumors, nasal sprays, nasal prong O2, surgery, trauma, nose-picking, lower relative humidity, aircraft descent, or scuba-diving.

Dude, there are some things I don't wanna know...

Lesee. I never do drugs or alcohol. Allergies....hmmm. I NEVER pick my nose. Eww. Xo

I don't know about the rest, though.

herooftime1000 said:

Dude, there are some things I don't wanna know...

Lesee. I never do drugs or alcohol. Allergies....hmmm. I NEVER pick my nose. Eww. Xo

I don't know about the rest, though.

Death-Destiny said:

o_O

JohnnyRancid said:

o_O

Oohhh, haha, No. Don't cross that boundary, pal. I'm a male and I'm sure as heck won't grow a uterus anytime soon. You? Eh...Maybe :P

You have contracted Plutoniaitis, the cause being playing Plutonia. The symptoms are Nose Bleeds, followed by headaches and a full-body explosion. Have a nice day!

Low-humidity = me getting nosebleeds like a motherfucker. It's impossible to avoid all the fucking tampon remarks at college too....

-_-

MikeRS said:

Clearly you should not be scuba-diving while playing Doom.

Scuba Steve might have a cure for that.

Death-Destiny said:
[...]

Also, you could be chugging a glass of blood when someone tells you a joke.
Mm, then again that's not "bleeding," per se...nevermind.

Come to think of it - Death-Destiny's list doesn't include Haemophilia, Hypofibrinogenemia or Von Willebrand's Disorder. I'd suggest heroftime1000 stop reading this thread before he contracts Hypochondria. :-)

Ledmeister said:

Also, you could be chugging a glass of blood when someone tells you a joke.
Mm, then again that's not "bleeding," per se...nevermind.

Ha, yeah - happens to me all the time.