Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
busta5000

Why is it hard to add music in the wad?

all I want is to add mp3 in my PWAD some people say replace & the crazy thing they say is it works for them but when I say upload the wad so that I can see the code he says nooooooooooooooooo!!! lol how can I he explained to me things I already know as if my application is the only version that doesn't work I have the latest version of XWE. & XWE doesn't work on zdoom nor gzdoom nor skulltag. I tried many ways tried Zipped files editing mapinfo etc but no success so can anybody eplain how to do it with an example I want you to upload the wad that has this music for example music as in people singing thats what I want people say it works well I want proof I want to see the wad so that I understand what is my problem. yes one more thing please upload from filefactory.com other upload sites do not work well especially rapidshare & megaupload.

Your musics should have the same names than the original ones to replace them basically...
But I believe that for a mp3 for zdoom based ports, you can use MAPINFO to asign a music to a particular map.

I followed the instructions Myk posted here, throwing together a quick demo using an E1M1 clone (author unknown) and a Harry Belafonte song - which I renamed D_E1M1.
I'd upload if it didn't contain copyrighted content. Worked fine in ZDoom and GZDoom.

I'm pretty sure in XWE you open your wad up, add a new "lump" and import your MP3, which will appear as a heap of garbled text (most likely), then give it the same name as the music track you want to replace (D_RUNNIN for Map01)

well first of XWE doesn't except mp3 some people say it does but it doesn't so I used SlumpED & added mp3 after that I entered XWE & guess what I see my music type is MUS hh if I do this step in XWE it will say unknown format & would not except it as music or sound. well I tried to play zdoom to try it but nothing happened I tried sulltag nothing happened!!! I tried GZdoom & I heard my music then I closed GZdoom & tried Zdoom again & it worked the music worked on zdoom too I guess GZdoom fixes some problems too.

XWE doesn't have to recognize filetypes, as it never actually plays the music involved. ZDoom can tell whether a lump is an mp3 or not, which is all that matters.

I'll try to understand what you said there

after that I entered XWE & guess what I see my music type is MUS hh if I do this step in XWE it will say unknown format & would not except it as music or sound.

It might list it as being MUS, but it is still techinally a MP3. However, XWE doesn't support playback of MP3s

well I tried to play zdoom to try it but nothing happened I tried sulltag nothing happened!!! I tried GZdoom & I heard my music then I closed GZdoom & tried Zdoom again & it worked the music worked on zdoom too I guess GZdoom fixes some problems too.

In (G)Zdoom, did the music start playing the instant you started a game?

In (G)Zdoom, did the music start playing the instant you started a game? [/B]

yes it did work instantly after that it worked in zdoom & skulltag too & also it did playback.