Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Are John Romero and George A. Romero related?

You know I always been wondering...are George A. Romero (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, etc) is related to John Romero since they both have the surnames?

Yeah, someone even asked in his forums once, and he said no.

Nightmare Doom said:

You know I always been wondering...are George A. Romero (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, etc) is related to John Romero since they both have the surnames?

I'm wondering which of them owns this restaurant? :P

TheAdmantArchvile said:

Beleve it or not, I'm related to Paul McCarteny. It's a long line there but, I am related to him

And I'm related to JFK, Jimmy Carter, and Arnold Shwarzenegger.

Its true.

Romero is a very common Hispanic name. There's also Caesar Romero, the guy who played Joker in the old Batman show.

I'm not related to Bob Woodward or the Woodwards of Bainbridge Island who fought for the rights of all the Japanese living there who were sent to interment camps, though all of them are pretty cool people.

rf` said:

And I'm related to JFK, Jimmy Carter, and Arnold Shwarzenegger.

Its true.

Wait...so that means Arnold is related to JFK...and so he married his own relative. o_O

There are no famous people with the surname Rester.

I will have to amend this.

Danarchy said:

Wait...so that means Arnold is related to JFK...and so he married his own relative. o_O

He probably considers them related through the marriage.

TheAdmantArchvile said:

Beleve it or not, I'm related to Paul McCarteny. It's a long line there but, I am related to him

Since you misspelt that name, you'll have to prove further that you're related to him.

Danarchy said:
Romero is a very common Hispanic name.

Yeah, and romero can mean "pilgrim" as an adjective (derived from "Roman" in Latin). It is also "rosemary bush" as a noun, although the last name is most likely derived from the adjective.

printz said:
Since you misspelt that name, you'll have to prove further that you're related to him.

That's no mis-spelling. Paul McCarteny was obviously the guy who replaced Paul McCartney when he died in 1966...

CODOR said:

That's no mis-spelling. Paul McCarteny was obviously the guy who replaced Paul McCartney when he died in 1966...

No, that was Billy Shears, duh. :P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_is_dead

TheCupboard said:

That reminds me. My old vice principal was actually Ted Nugent's cousin.

That's funny, because there was this guy I went to school with who was his 2nd cousion or the son of his cousin or something. His name? Tod Nugent. o_o

I had a substitute that was related to the guy who started Herr's chips.

I can't think of any Famous Redmonds...theyre all dead,Yep...forced to live in Obscurity.

But Dead wise,my great x6(or something) grandfather was the Chairman of Irish Nationalists at Westminster.Other than that the rest of them were drunks,horse thieves,and Dissidents.

Danarchy said:

distant relative.

Shwarzenegger -> Shriver -> Cliber & Allison (me) -> Kennedy & Carter

TheCupboard said:

That reminds me. My old vice principal was actually Ted Nugent's cousin.

My uncle used to know Ted Nugent, and went hunting with Hank Williams Jr.

My great great great grandfather´s brother was Obi-Wan Kenobi. Unfortunatly i inherited no Jedi powers, only the surname, which among my mothers side gossips to exist by deed poll. I just think they´re jealous . . .