Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
busta5000

How to ADD things in the catagory you want?

well I went to [COLOR="Red"]realm 667[/COLOR] & downloaded some monsters & I [COLOR="Lime"]opened[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]XWE[/COLOR] & [COLOR="Lime"]added[/COLOR] the sprites of the monster in the sprites tab & the sounds in the sounds tab & the decorate

& sendinfo in the lump tab. but when I go to [COLOR="Red"]doom builder[/COLOR] I do not see my monster in the monster category in things I see it in the decorate category where it is unknown

& I cannot see it so can anybody tell me how to add a monster not replace but to add. I mean when I went to the sprites tab & pressed [COLOR="Lime"]load[/COLOR] & loaded the sprites I can see my monsters sprites but in doom builder I can't see it I ignored the fact that I can't see it & tested it still my monster is not their so can you tell me how to add a monster properly.

[COLOR="Red"]Application or website[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]Function or button[/COLOR] important thing important sentence

[uselesshtmltag]Normally[/uselesshtmltag] what I [color=red]do[/color] is look at the [underline]DECORATE[/underline] file and [color=blue]record the ThingID[/color] then you can open up [italicized]doombuilder[/italicized], place an object that you want somewhere in the [color=yellow]map[/color] and change the objects [italicized]ThingID[/italicized] to the ThingID of the [color=brown]object you want[/color] [smiley=grin]

Oh yeah and just typing in normal text will do.

please people don't just come & stare help me I want to know how to add things properly I have XWEE,SlumpED, Doom builder, & whacked2.
I know some of the apps have nothing to do with sprites but please tell

don't read my crap what I want to say is easy.

"tell me how to add a monster not replace but to add"

When I get a custom monster, I usually just take all the stuff the monster has (that includes the DECORATE, SNDINFO, sprites, and sounds. Note that some monsters may have more than this but just grab it all.) and put into one of my maps. Then in the DECORATE file, (using SlumpEd or what ever) type the bolded, italic part just below the first "{" symbol:

Actor NewMonster : DoomImp 5937
{
//$Category monsters
}

Note: You can usually type in any category that doom builder has. I found it only works in the category is in lower case. (So "monsters" not "Monsters".) The category "monsters" will pop the new monster into the section with all of the other monster already present. Doing this requires the new monsters to have a different actor number. Otherwise it will replace another thing.

There might be an easier, more efficient, way to do this but this is how I usually do this type of thing. Hope this helps.

EDIT: You also don't necessarily need a spawn ID. Only if you want to be able to spawn it anywhere on the map using ACS.

well its bad that there is no advance text editor in doomworld for it would be better oh well it doesn't matter they build this site.

First of I use XWE which is better than slumped in my opinion & easier.
second of all some monsters that I downloaded from realm667 have //$category monster & some don't I tried the one that has the //$....
& didn't succeed. I merged the monster wad with my wad. well see the code & tell me if there is something wrong

ACTOR BruiserDemon 3333
{
	//$Category Monsters
	Health 1500
	Radius 24
	Height 64
	Mass 2000
	Speed 8
	PainChance 15
	Monster
	+BOSS
	+FLOORCLIP
	+LOOKALLAROUND
	+MISSILEEVENMORE
	+NORADIUSDMG
	MissileType BruiserBall
	SeeSound "superbaron/scream"
	PainSound "superbaron/pain"
	DeathSound "superbaron/death"
	ActiveSound "superbaron/act"
	MeleeSound "baron/melee"
	Obituary "%o was slaughtered by a Bruiserdemon."
	HitObituary "%o was cremated by a Bruiserdemon."
	MeleeDamage 20
	Scale 1.25
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		BRUS AB 10 Bright A_Look 
		Loop
	See:
		BRUS AABBCCDD 3 Bright A_Chase
		Loop
	Melee:
		BRUS E 6 Bright A_FaceTarget
		BRUS F 6 Bright A_FaceTarget
		BRUS G 6 Bright A_ComboAttack
		Goto See
	Missile:
		BRUS E 0 Bright A_Jump(144, 8)
		BRUS EF 6 Bright A_FaceTarget
		BRUS G 6 Bright A_MissileAttack
		BRUS G 0 Bright A_Jump(96, 1)
		Goto See
		BRUS HI 6 Bright A_FaceTarget
		BRUS J 6 Bright A_MissileAttack
		Goto See
		BRUS E 0 Bright A_Jump(96, 20)
		BRUS E 6 Bright A_FaceTarget
		BRUS F 4 Bright A_FaceTarget
		BRUS F 2 Bright A_Custommissile("BruiserBall2",56,0,-40,0)
		BRUS G 1 Bright A_Custommissile("BruiserBall2",56,0,-30,0)
		BRUS G 1 Bright A_Custommissile("BruiserBall2",56,0,-20,0)
		BRUS G 1 Bright A_Custommissile("BruiserBall2",56,0,-10,0)
		BRUS G 1 Bright A_Custommissile("BruiserBall2",56,0,0,0)
		BRUS G 1 Bright A_Custommissile("BruiserBall2",56,0,10,0)
		BRUS G 1 Bright A_Custommissile("BruiserBall2",56,0,20,0)
		BRUS G 0 Bright A_Jump(96, 1)
		Goto See
		BRUS H 6 Bright A_FaceTarget
		BRUS I 4 Bright A_FaceTarget
		BRUS I 2 Bright A_Custommissile("BruiserBall2",56,0,40,0)
		BRUS J 1 Bright A_Custommissile("BruiserBall2",56,0,30,0)
		BRUS J 1 Bright A_Custommissile("BruiserBall2",56,0,20,0)
		BRUS J 1 Bright A_Custommissile("BruiserBall2",56,0,10,0)
		BRUS J 1 Bright A_Custommissile("BruiserBall2",56,0,0,0)
		BRUS J 1 Bright A_Custommissile("BruiserBall2",56,0,-10,0)
		BRUS J 1 Bright A_Custommissile("BruiserBall2",56,0,-20,0)
		Goto See
		BRUS KL 6 Bright A_FaceTarget
		BRUS M 2 Bright A_Custommissile("BruiserFireSpawner",16,0,-15,0)
		BRUS M 2 Bright A_Custommissile("BruiserFireSpawner",16,0,0,0)
		BRUS M 2 Bright A_Custommissile("BruiserFireSpawner",16,0,15,0)
		Goto See
	Pain:
		BRUS N 5 Bright A_Pain
 		Goto See
	Death:
		BRUD A 6 Bright A_Scream
		BRUD BCD 4 Bright 
		BRUD EFG 4 Bright
		BRUD H 4 Bright A_Fall
		BRUD IJKLMNOP 4 Bright
		BRUD QRSTUV 4
		BRUD W -1   
		Stop
	}
}

ACTOR BruiserBall
{
	Radius 16
	Height 16
	Speed 18
	Damage 16
	Projectile
	+RANDOMIZE
	RenderStyle "ADD"
	Alpha 0.9
	SeeSound "imp/attack"
	DeathSound "imp/shotx"
	MissileType BruiserBallTrail
	Missileheight 0
	States
	{
	Spawn: 
		BRBA AABB 2 BRIGHT A_MissileAttack
		Loop
	Death:
		BRBA KLMNOPQRSTUVWX 3 Bright
		Stop
	}
}

ACTOR BruiserBall2
{
	Radius 8
	Height 8
	Speed 10
	Damage 8
	Projectile
	+RANDOMIZE
	RenderStyle "ADD"
	Alpha 0.9
	SeeSound "imp/attack"
	DeathSound "imp/shotx"
	States
	{
	Spawn: 
		BRB2 AB 6 BRIGHT 
		Loop
	Death:
		BRB2 CDEFGHI 3 Bright
		Stop
	}
}

ACTOR BruiserFireSpawner
{
	Radius 8
	Height 8
	Speed 12
	Damage 0
	+RIPPER
	+FLOORHUGGER
	+BLOODLESSIMPACT
	Projectile
	MissileType BruiserFire
	Missileheight 0
	States
	{
	Spawn: 
		TNT1 A 3 Bright A_MissileAttack
  		TNT1 A 3
  		TNT1 A 3
		Loop
	Death:	
		TNT1 A 6
		Stop
	}
}

actor BruiserBallTrail
{
    Radius 1
    Height 1
    Speed 0
    PROJECTILE
    RENDERSTYLE ADD
    ALPHA 0.70
    +NOCLIP
    States
    {
    Spawn:
     	BRBA CDEFGHIJ 4 Bright
     	Stop       
    }
}

ACTOR BruiserFire
{
	Radius 1
    	Height 1
    	Speed 0
    	Damage 20
    	PROJECTILE
    	RENDERSTYLE ADD
    	ALPHA 0.9
    	+NOCLIP
	+FLOORHUGGER
	SeeSound "weapons/rocklx"
    	States
    	{
    	Spawn:
  		XXBF AB 3 Bright
    		XXBF C 3 Bright A_Explode(48,128,0)
		XXBF DEFGHIJKLMNOPQRST 3 Bright
     		Stop       
   	}
}

this is only the decorate. so can you tell me how to add the monster & what is wrong or missing

If that is the Decorate code right from the monster off realm667 I don't think there really should be anything wrong or missing since I use this stuff quite a lot.

The only thing I can really see is that the //$Category Monsters is not lower case. It should be //$Category monsters if you want to put it into the monster category that has the rest of the existing monsters already in it. That being said, I did try out a monster by using //$Category Monsters and Doom Builder put my new guy into another category called Monsters. This new category appears at the bottom of the things list. If you don't put any //$Category in, then it should go into a category at the bottom of the things list called either DECORATE or HEALTH because it has an actor number (Eg: Actor BruiserDemon 3333).

Of course I am using SlumpEd which I find is better for Decorate stuff, which might be why you can't seem to get it working, but I doubt what editor you are using matters. It should work no matter what editor you happen to be using at the time.

busta5000 said:

second of all some monsters that I downloaded from realm667 have //$category monster & some don't

Some of them do indeed have the //$Category line, but I find that the ones with the //$Category "Zdoom Monster Pack" don't work too well, so I change it.

well OK I'll leave XWE because it didn't work & slumped sounds complex can you tell me how to add my downloaded monster (I don't see the merge nor the load button thats what I'm used to in XWE) so can you tell me I'll give it a try if it worked for you it will work for me.

I do the simplest way possible, copy and pasting. First what I do is open up both the map and the monster in the same SlumpEd window. Then I copy all of the monster's stuff (that includes everything the monster has), and paste it into the the map file. Be sure to click on the last entry in your map file, in SlumpEd, before pasting. I do this to ensure that I don't mess up the map in any way, shape or form. In case you might misunderstand something, I made some pics to help understand what I am talking about.

Note: These pictures are pretty basic, but it should help explain what I am talking about a little better. Doing these simple steps should make your guy work. Also, SlumpEd really isn't too much different from XWE.

Dreadopp said:

I do the simplest way possible, copy and pasting. First what I do is open up both the map and the monster in the same SlumpEd window. Then I copy all of the monster's stuff (that includes everything the monster has), and paste it into the the map file. Be sure to click on the last entry in your map file, in SlumpEd, before pasting. I do this to ensure that I don't mess up the map in any way, shape or form. In case you might misunderstand something, I made some pics to help understand what I am talking about.

Note: These pictures are pretty basic, but it should help explain what I am talking about a little better. Doing these simple steps should make your guy work. Also, SlumpEd really isn't too much different from XWE.

ok I did it well one thing is missing you didn't say which is to copy the decorate in the decorate I have or else they would conflict each other the same thing with sndinfo also you need to delete SS_start end if it already exists.

busta5000 said:

ok I did it well one thing is missing you didn't say which is to copy the decorate in the decorate I have or else they would conflict each other the same thing with sndinfo also you need to delete SS_start end if it already exists.

Sorry about that, I was merely assuming that you didn't already have those items. Well, no more assuming for me, huh? ;)