Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KennyJC

Making a meat grinder in Zdoom..

So here's what I'm thinking of:

A conveyor belt which streams dead bodies (dead bodies spawn outside of playing area and the conveyor belt takes them into the playing area) towards some kind of meat grinder/crusher/tree shredder with blood and gibs getting sprayed everywhere.

Is this possible?

Since I have no knowledge of Zdoom coding, what aspects would I need to learn?

Oh Creaphis, someone needs your help! Why don't you show KennyJC your castle escape map with the corpse juicer and explain to him how it works. =P

Death-Destiny said:

Oh Creaphis, someone needs your help! Why don't you show KennyJC your castle escape map with the corpse juicer and explain to him how it works. =P

Oh, I see I'm not the first to think of it then :D

1. Spawn monsters and marines at the conveyor entrance
  2. Through a script, kill them all of their health
  3. While they're going through the grinder, make a script that shoots gib-like projectiles all around the machine
  4. Bonus for spawning monsters and not mere corpses: at the exit chute the corpses, even mangled, will be available for Archviles to resurrect.

Death-Destiny said:

Lol. Oh man. This is the third or fourth topic then where I have no choice but to say "you should really check out my wad."

If you want to see a Boom-compatible version of what you're talking about, take a look-see at this. It has everything you want except for the spraying blood (which could probably be added in a cheesy way with an animated texture):

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=15220

If you can't figure out how something works via poking around in the editor I'll explain it.

Note: the /newstuff directory has a slighly altered version of this level without an excruciating puzzle midway through the level. For some reason the old version hasn't been replaced on the download mirrors.

Creaphis said:

Lol. Oh man. This is the third or fourth topic then where I have no choice but to say "you should really check out my wad."

If you want to see a Boom-compatible version of what you're talking about, take a look-see at this. It has everything you want except for the spraying blood (which could probably be added in a cheesy way with an animated texture):

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=15220

If you can't figure out how something works via poking around in the editor I'll explain it.

Note: the /newstuff directory has a slighly altered version of this level without an excruciating puzzle midway through the level. For some reason the old version hasn't been replaced on the download mirrors.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I had in mind, but I'm hoping to make the grinding more visual rather than hidden in a box.

Unfortunately, even Boom has its limits. I could rig up a visible conveyor belt corpse crusher in Boom, but then I'd have to kill the monsters in some way to get the initial corpses which could then be used up. You could rig up a sort of vertical meat grinder in Boom, by just taking my existing machine and put two columns in it with scrolling serrated metal textures.

I actually like how my mechanism is mysteriously hidden - even I'm not sure exactly how those corpses are getting juiced.

Yeah, I don't know any ZDoom coding either. So I can't really help you much more.