Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomero-21

new doom3 weapons mod relase!!!

I can't help but make note that that wad must have like two hundred thousand images worth of weapons sprites in there and thats its probably a 10+ MB wad.

It looks cool though.

Liking the blood and smoke! But i can see the weapons having huge amounts of rather unnessescary frames, too. Unless it's a technical excercise are the "shivering" and other such idle animations all that nessescary?

I think they add to it. I've always wanted to do such animations myself, but been using Dehacked, it'd not be "economically viable" to use up precious frames for it.

Something I thought it looked like when looking at the vid was that the firing animations were appearing less fluent than the other animations though. Might just be Youtube though.

well, idle animation is necesary for me i dont like the static idle.
in the video ( well my record program sucks) not show the total frames , the video was recorded with 22 fps, but play this mod is very fluid =) .
but have only 1 trouble:
this mod is much better playing on software, with open gl cause lag, so only the powerfull ram or video target can play this mod on open gl, is not my case =(

deathbringer said:

Unless it's a technical excercise are the "shivering" and other such idle animations all that nessescary?

All the weapon sprites are sized in such a way that they don't shiver around as you would expect from a weapon with so many sprites. The animations are incredibly fluid, and the sprites are high-res.

(In case you're wondering how I know, I've been helping with the code)

ghastly dragon is member of this proyect, "DPG team" (doomero prnzdoom, ghastly team).
he help with the decorate code, he is really good, he fix the weapons and prnzdoom too...

First off, I'd like to say this site's server is a fucking pain in the ass.

On topic, good to see it's done. I'll download it now, if the site doesn't give me yet another database error.

Jim Rainer said:

First off, I'd like to say this site's server is a fucking pain in the ass.

On topic, good to see it's done. I'll download it now, if the site doesn't give me yet another database error.

How can you with no download link? All we have is a youtube video.

A timely Bump!

The releasedate of this mod is claimed to be ... june 6 ...

I - will - surely download that mod when released!

Never seen so good looking weapon-sprites to doom 2...

Patiently waiting...NOT!

**!!!
WELL WHEN PRZDOOM SEND ME THE LINK I WILL CHECK THE ULTIMATE THINGS AND LATER I WILL UPLOAD THE MOD...SO, ONLY DEPEND OF PRZDOOM.

Edward850 said:

How can you with no download link? All we have is a youtube video.

I'll download the youtube video and hack into doomero's computer from there and steal the file. haha

uploading.......................

edited:

dpg and doom3ongzdoom team:

dpg:
doomero
ghaslty dragon
prnzdoom
slayer
roack16
lackay iv
tonet
demon_666
yordibmixe

doom3ongzdoom team:
fabio914
mauricio rocks
fernando perez

weapons
all the weapons except : grabber and artifact ( only for revenge of evil, doomero´s wad )
gametype: universal, except the soulcube, not for dm, ctf , team dm, becuase are very "gay" play with that gun.
video mode compatible: open gl or software, but use more software, open gl cuase lag ( if you have a powerfull pc well play with open gl)

copyright and permissions:

weapons sprites: doomero and mauricio rocks
acs hud : doom3ongzdoom team

more details into the mod, see the "readme"

well guys, the doom3 weapons mod.....

download link:
http://www.turboupload.com/download/4vegVPXhLMjF/d3_weapons_mod.rar

If i try to use the wad with either Skulltag or Zdoom i just get a ERROR saying:

Script error DECORATE line 285
SC_Getnumber: Bad numeric constant "ready"

Or something like that.

Looks like you're using a version of Skullag or ZDoom from before they allowed state names to be used as offsets for jump functions. Skulltag 97d and ZDoom 2.2.0 both support those.

Ghastly_dragon said:

Looks like you're using a version of Skullag or ZDoom from before they allowed state names to be used as offsets for jump functions. Skulltag 97d and ZDoom 2.2.0 both support those.

oh! And i thought i had the latest version, well i guess i should try to download the new version then.

EDIT: I downloaded the new version of Zdoom and this MOD works fine now! :)

Excellent mod!

The weapon sprites looks so good, with the shivering and the smoke and the reloading sequences doom always needed.

My only beefs with this mod, is that the armament is perhaps a bit too powerful (except for the pumpgun, which is surprisingly weak) against the doom2 critters . I have noted that doomguy seems to take heavier damage from hits, but it does not present too much of a challenge really. Even when not using the artifact.

Using the mod with The Plutonia Experiments does, but then that´s also a pretty insane wad.

And the crosshair - i really, really miss my angle.

However, no ifs ands or but(t)s, this is the best weapons-mod i´ve played with doom2 for sure!

Thanks for the effort!

well the reazon why the weapons are so powerfull is this:

become a doom3 enemies mod, and the enemies resist so much.

You forget that some people might want to play this online, and with overpowered weapons, that could be a problem.

In the updated version, the shotgun will be slightly more powerful, and the machinegun will be slightly weaker.

The next version will be (hopefully) lag-free in OpenGL mode and online in Skulltag.

Ghastly_dragon said:

In the updated version, the shotgun will be slightly more powerful, and the machinegun will be slightly weaker.

The next version will be (hopefully) lag-free in OpenGL mode and online in Skulltag.

That sounds nice but the problem is not just the machine gun being to powerful, another problem is that i never seem to run out of ammo for it no matter what. There is machine gun ammo ALL over the place, and if i ALWAYS have ammo for the machine gun then why bother using the shotgun or the rest of the weapons for that matter? This need to be solved if this thing is not going to unbalance the weapons usefulness.

Point taken - Doomero-21. I haven´t played doom3 myself, as my rather elderly pc lags horribly when attempting this, but i´ve watched several videos of the gameplay and the power of the guns seems pheasible in that light...

Awaiting the doom3 -> doom2 monster mod patiently and expectant, but am not holding my breath, as it seems to be a quite "monstrous" project! Good luck!

I have another issue/question: Is it in any way possible to run the weapons mod with custom doom2 wads like Hell Revealed or Alien Vendetta, as these wads actually seem to NEED heavy duty tools? And if, can this be explained in a "for the dummies"-way, as my own programming skills leaves much to be desired... I imagine one could write a batch-file for this purpose, but this one can´t get it to work.

Anyway - over and out.

use zdoom, play on software, always i play this mod on software and run very good, the trouble appear when you play on gzdoom or skulltag with open gl mode.

about the monster, well the monster i think appear only in my wad "revenge of evil" i make various doom3 monsters:

sprites:
cyberdemon, chaigun comando, imp, zsec shotgun, omuncubus ( mancubus variant), mancubus, archville, hellknight,bruiser, hunter helltime, sabaoth.

good guys:
zentry ( the good machinegun robot), marines, marine player.

Doomike: It should work perfectly with other wads that don't replace weapons or monsters. With ZDoom, you could put them both in one zip and run that zip like a wad.

Thanks a bundle doomero-21 and Ghastly_dragon!

The zip-thing works. Of course it does...

This´ll surely give a guy a fighting chance to complete the two beforementioned (totally insane) wads.

Cheers!!!

---

Edit: Works like intended, butchering right thru Hell Revealed.

But there´s a problem when too many souls are released at one time. Which will occour quite frequently when playing HR or AV. They can swarm the player, causing an annoying and seemingly irremoveable white-out.

"Give weapons" and therefore also the soulcube, is the only solution i know of at this time(the first white-out appeared before finding a cube), since releasing the damned thing against a wall or something that´ll not release another soul, apparently makes room for the ones seeking the cube...

It may be an issue that needs correcting?! Just to let you know...