Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TrooperCooper

New Site: The Doom Movie Archive

A new site opened officially back in March devoted to the Doom movie and the guns, gear and general stuff used to make it is still plodding along and adding content on a regular basis, including photo essays on all the weapons from the film and complete prop breakdowns.

www.doommoviearchive.co.uk

This is interesting. I totally thought it was going to be a showcase for videos about Doom online.

For that, we should all use GameVee:
http://www.gamevee.com/

The fact that you can put up a 10 minute video and highlight the part you want everyone to see is the clincher.

Well, the BFG in the movie isn't called BFG 9000, so that needs to be fixed. If I'm not mistaken it's called the BFG 3.14.

I think the sites a pretty cool resource for anyone wanting to replicate the stuff from the movie (ie building costumes and weapon props etc.)

It's because in England, you either hate guns and don't want them or love guns because you can't have them.

This site is pretty neat, I vaguely remember hearing that those rifles were made from a G36 or whatever.

Looks nice.
I'm one of the few weak souls who didn't hate or even dislike the Doom movie. It may not have been doom as we know it, but it had a strong and thorough theme if you ask me. Oh and the resemblance to Doom3 in terms of locales was stunning.

Doom 3 has no "nanowalls". Which is a good thing, because one wouldn't actually put dangerous things like those next to people. The same thing bugged me about teleporters and telefragging, in previous games.

Shaviro said:

Looks nice.
I'm one of the few weak souls who didn't hate or even dislike the Doom movie. It may not have been doom as we know it, but it had a strong and thorough theme if you ask me. Oh and the resemblance to Doom3 in terms of locales was stunning.

Yeah, I'm kind of like that about the movie too. It wasn't bad and it had a logic to it. It looked very Doom3 and the first person bit genuinely got people excited in the cinema (although it was too little too late IMO). I enjoyed it and own a copy. My biggest beef about it is that it wasn't Doom - because of DNA versus hell and (IMO) Doom3 doesn't capture what Doom should look like. Somehow I don't care too much about that in the movie, even though the alien-esque nature of the look of Doom3 is one of the many major disappointments of Doom3 for me.

we were a few people who decided to watch it. All of us were Doom fans, me Marcus (worked on me with Hyena and Nimrod) and Jocke. We all agreed it was shit.

Then me and Sebastian decided to watch it again. Couldn't have been that bad, could it? But yes, it was.