Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RTC_Marine

ePSXe 1.7.0

Feel free to timeline me, but epsxe 1.7.0 was released about a month ago.

This is more or less related to Doom, because earlier versions were very glitchy for me and could not run psx doom or psx final doom, this version seems to run it quite flawlessly.

Can't figure out how to get the mouse working though :/

EDIT: I found out a trick to get it to work, I set up final doom in WASD config with strafing and mouse turning:
1) Set your 1st port pad in epsxe, set it to mouse/digital and leave it at that (don't bother assigning keys)
2) Set up your 2nd port pad as digital, this will be your "WASD keyboard", set the topmost shoulder buttons as A and D, assign W as forward and S as backward, the rest are up to you.
3) Run final doom in epsxe, be sure to press F5 to select mouse at the williams title screen
4) At the final doom title screen, use the keyboard to start the menu, configure the mouse in the options and change second mouse button to use if you want.
5) Start the game and enjoy.

Its a shame normal psx doom doesn't support the mouse.

ePsxe has always crashed like crazy when I try to use different graphics renderers than the default ones. I don't do much emulation anyway, seeing as I own a PS3, which does a fine job of playing psx/ps2 games for my purposes.

That's strange, I've personally never had any problems in getting Doom or Final Doom running on ePSXe 1.6.0. However, neither Pete's DirectX graphic plugin or his software graphic plugin (P.E.Op.S., I think) render it quite right, though.

Also, I remember using the PSX Mouse on Final Doom, I think that was pretty much the only game I had I could use it on. I really wish the original PSX Doom would have had support for it as well.

EDIT: Hmmm, looking at the changelogs, I notice they have a new version of his software graphics plugin for this version, I might have to try it sometime and see if it does any better.

I had ePSXe when I got Chrono Cross, but I tried installing a GameShark add-on that ended up messing up the video settings, so it ran super-super-super-super fast.

ePSXe saved my PSX game collection. My Armored Core circa 97 is looking a bit like it was put over a belt sander as well as the ultra hard to find copy of "ONE".

Ed said:

as the ultra hard to find copy of ONE".

That sucks, it's pretty common over here in the States. You can get a used NTSC copy for dirt cheap on eBay.

Yay. It can play Toshinden 4/Subaru fully now :)

That said, the previous version could play all the modes from it that I play often anyway.

Awesome. I used the last version to play SotN, Strider 2 and a few other games and it worked great.

Speaking of epsxe, if anyone has a copy of Final Fantasy Tactics lying around, some guys have been making patches for it to improve variety and difficulty. You should check it out if you have FFT.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

As far as I know, Doom and Final Doom do not operate whatsoever on any ePSXe version due to hanging at the title screen (I heard from someone in the know that this is because it's waiting for a CD Audio track). I own(ed) both, and now they're cracked and destroyed beyond repair. Any help?

Fisk said:

As far as I know, Doom and Final Doom do not operate whatsoever on any ePSXe version due to hanging at the title screen (I heard from someone in the know that this is because it's waiting for a CD Audio track). I own(ed) both, and now they're cracked and destroyed beyond repair. Any help?

That is the same issue I had, but it seems to be fixed in 1.7

doom and final doom always worked for me... the only issues i remember was the music not comming through properly, kinda like it was a little distorted or soemthing, and the colored lighting not rendering properly, but this was all fine in the last version.. i was hoping it would render in high rez with this version, but it still doesnt, not like doom 64 does.. the freezing title screen problem was when you used ISO's, discs are fine it seems..

ShaneAmp said:

the freezing title screen problem was when you used ISO's, discs are fine it seems..

That would explain why I have not ever had a single problem getting PSX Doom/Final Doom to run in ePSXe, then. Blah, you warez poopers! :p ;)

That's because ISOs are can only contain a single track. CDs can have multiple.