Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ed

Bionic Commando Rearmed

Neato! BC two player looks to be pretty exciting.

I still can't help but remember this review and giggle whenever "Bionic Commando" shows up...OK, the Speccy and CPC version was particularly bad, but still...

This is the only thing keeping me from selling my current-gen consoles. Leave it to Capcom to resurrect the vintage days. (I'll be buying that new Commando with this as well).

Too cool. I think Capcom might be starting a trend. *psst* Konami take note of this and do the same with Contra.

Ninja_of_DooM said:

You're aware they released Contra 4 just back in November right?

And it absolutely rocks. :)

Ninja_of_DooM said:

You're aware they released Contra 4 just back in November right?

Yes, but it was for the DS and graphics composed of 2d sprites.

POTGIESSER said:

Yes, but it was for the DS and graphics composed of 2d sprites.

Being for the DS you could complain about, but I don't see what's so bad about 2d.

Well it's not to say that I don't like 2D GFX. I'd just like to see a Contra game with traditional gameplay and 3D graphics is all. Much like Bionic Commando here.

POTGIESSER said:

Well it's not to say that I don't like 2D GFX. I'd just like to see a Contra game with traditional gameplay and 3D graphics is all. Much like Bionic Commando here.

no room for this?

I want a Shattered Soldier 2, 3 and 4. That game fucking rocked but it was way too short. They should make contra games with map editors and boss creators. Or better yet, a built in map generator. That would be sick.

Shattered soldier was best contra of last generation of home consoles, no shit, everyone who was a contra fan LOVED it... they should make a next contra with same gameplay but better graphics and bosses ;) Neo Contra sucked balls, do not play it, not worth it

Infinite Ammunition said:

no room for this?

There will be room. The game might be 6 years old but it's new to me.

That looks awesome... the concept reminds me of 60's/70's adventure comics too, they could make amazing videogames if somebody dared take the plunge...

Can anybody remember some "3D but 2D" game on the PSX in which people would explode into glowing bones when shot? There was also a demo set in some docks kicking around and it had an "amazing" (for the time anyway) FMV intro? I wanna track down the full version, now.

Ah yes i remember it having a cheesy name like that. Ebay (or Gamestation though thier 'retro' section shrinks daily and soon they'll just be any other game shop, and probably bought up by GAME like EB and MVC where) awaits!

I downloaded it on 360 last night when it came out. I've been waiting for it since I saw something about it here on the forums back in December. I was rather dissapointed when it missed it's march release date, and april, and may, june, and july, but I grabbed it last night when it was released. I have to say it's a really good game, I never finished the original, but always thought the swinging mechanic minus the ability to jump made it really frustrating but really satisfying when you pull off some ridiculously complex acrobatics. The new version just compounds it, the enemies seem a bit smarter and the addition of new weapons and the ability to throw barrels and enemies eventually with the arm is icing on the cake. It's just really good classic 2d gameplay, mostly side scrolling with some top down, with extremely well done 2.5d graphics, some amusing dialogue, and some very frustrating moments of dying over and over until you get something exactly right. So yeah, it's a return to the glory of 2d games. Plus the fact that the new abilities to throw things and use different weapons for different enemies/situations adds to the formula. It's only 800 points... or around 10 bucks however you choose to phrase it, and it's pretty good to boot.

Oh, and I hope you got Shattered Soldier POTGIESSER, I still pull it out of the cabinet once in a while. Shattered Soldier was the reason I got my PS2 (along with Maximo and Rygar), and I picked up MGS2 along with it. Guess which one I still play? It's an awesome game, and I'd love to see another Contra like that, 3d graphics in a 2d game, and the classic contra gameplay of dying several hundred times so you can remember the enemy placement abounds.

Downloading trial now... Fuck I need 800 microsoft points... Fuck I need a credit card... Fuck...

Hope you like it, I've heard the trial is pretty lacking compared to the full game. Apparently it's a half of the first level and has no difficulty settings, but it should give you something of a feel for the game. Just to let you know, it gets alot more entertaining and challenging after the first level. The variety of scenery, the weapon upgrades and items, and the various enemies add alot to it. I downloaded the trial game just to see what people were complaining about, but unfortunately since I got the full version right off the bat I can't load just the trial, always loads the full, so I can't personally verify any complaints, all I can verify is that the full game is great.
Also, you don't actually need a credit/debit card to get ms points, you can buy prepaid ms point cards for the same price or less. I know target was running a good deal on them a month or two ago, I think it was 3/4ths of the regular price or something. I think walmart and best buy have them as well, then you just need to have a live connection, which you should since you're downloading the trial, then you load the card to your account.
Secondly, I've played the game a bit more since my last post, and it's really really good, and it's really frustrating. I love retro 2d games.

Jello said:

I think walmart and best buy have

Walmart? Best Buy? When you live in New Zealand, you don't get those names. I was going to go to DSE tomorrow afternoon and buy a 1500 point card for $24. Simple enough, and gives me enough for another game or map-pack.