Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Planky

Spore Creature Creator

Download from here or here.

I'm just getting it now - has anyone had a chance to try it out?

I've been nosing around in the thread at SA, which has some pretty cool creatures (ignoring the penis monsters, heh).

I imagine Youtube is going to be flooded with these creations too.

Is this the same Spore that Will Wright has been working on for the last decade?

Planky said:

I've been nosing around in the thread at SA, which has some pretty cool creatures (ignoring the penis monsters, heh).

I imagine Youtube is going to be flooded with these creations too.

/v/ is basically a MGS and Spore forum, at the moment.

From the massive amount of monsters I've seen so far, the creator looks limited to stuff I would have drawn up when I was seven, so I care not for this, at all.

Damn filefront, it won't download for me at all. Keeps taking me to the main page...

Wasn't this not supposed to be made available until tommorow? (the 17th)

MasterOFDeath said:

The release date is, indeed, tomorrow. Apparently the trial thing was leaked onto the internet by a magazine company. (Or so I read.)

Anyway I am looking forward to the full game being released in September.

The creature creator (only one of the many aspects of Spore) IS A TRIAL VERSION and as such has only a small amount of creature parts available to check out. When you run it you'll see a lot of "?" boxes. So, to those judging all of spore based on this, I'd advise you to reserve your judgement.

Danarchy said:

Is this the same Spore that Will Wright has been working on for the last decade?

Yes. Its a trial version of the Creature Creator - but the actual game spore is going for a September release.

MasterOFDeath said:

Damn filefront, it won't download for me at all. Keeps taking me to the main page...

Check the 1st page in that SA thread - there are a few more mirrors.

Coopersville said:

/v/ is basically a MGS and Spore forum, at the moment.

From the massive amount of monsters I've seen so far, the creator looks limited to stuff I would have drawn up when I was seven, so I care not for this, at all.

As Manc mentioned, this is a trial of one part of the game. You get very few parts to create things with - I think it's impressive what you can do within these limitations though, but you quickly start seeing alot of similarities.

I just tried this and I like it. The actual game is going to have so much stuff there could be endless combinations. I want to see my creation hunt and eat and stuff. Very cool and looking forward to it.

Planky said:

As Manc mentioned, this is a trial of one part of the game.

Yeah, my bad, I saw an actual screenshot of the interface with all the "?" boxes not long after I posted that.

The Creature Creator told me that my video card did not even meet the minimum requirements. Ouch... that is insulting considering I can run DOOM3 on high quality.

The Spore Creature Creator is much like doodling in class, or playing around with playd'oh! ... Pointless, yet fon to due.

Here's my tail-eyed Gurf:

Edit:

My first creation, the Duckosaurus (what's in a name):

My latest abomination, the Retardicus Maximus:

Yes, I had nothing better to do.

fraggle said:

Inevitable. Actual evolution will probably go that way, some day.

Edit: I don't feel it wise to bump this one with a double post, so I just edit my last post, who knows, maybe someone will stumble onto this one. Just found this one on YouTube. I guess he came close enough.

There may be another use for the Creature Creator - 3D models of new Doom monsters.

fraggle said:

You sure that doesn't belong in the same-sex marriage thread? :D

TomoAlien said:

I am downloading it. I want to recreate Doom demons using it.

Good luck, the creator is a bit too limited for that. I've seen Cacodemons and Imps - neither looked any good.

This aimless, bland cuteness just turns me off.

It also looks like those random 3D characters used in those low-rent banner ads that say completely unrelated shit like "Consolidate your mortgage today!"