Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flynn Taggart

Poll: Online multiplayer ports

Which one would you prefer for multiplayer online? For me I like Zdaemon and Skulltag.

Zdaemon: 2 vote
Skulltag: 5 votes
Odamex: 11 votes
Prboom:1 vote

My favorite port has always been Skulltag, however I like Odamex as well and support it.

I have never really cared for ZDaemon and play it probably twice a year.

I play mainly Zdaemon but Skulltag isn't too bad, nice invasion mode :D
But I wait a lot from Odamex, so my choice is this one.

I'm the same as Hex; I prefer Skulltag but I really like Odamex as well. I tried ZDaemon once but wasn't really into it.

Skulltag
Though I like Odamex.
ZD just fails it if you ask me though... Cheaters are rampant

Doom through Kahn (or over DOSBox)

Odamex could be cool if they add proper 8/5 resolutions (hadn't last I checked)
I do use ZDaemon sometimes, but rather casually (I'm in the 3rd world pinging badly to the running servers)

MP2E said:

ZD just fails it if you ask me though... Cheaters are rampant

Cheaters are rampant because the numbers of players are. I think that aimbot is going to be obsolete by the next version, if it already isn't now.

ntDoom, Doom95, and ZDaemon (all equally my favorite multiplayer source ports)

make this thread a poll.

Skulltag nonetheless

Skulltag, because it's the least hassle for me to set up. Zdaemon, because it simply has the most players online at any given time. I haven't tried Odamex yet.

DM and FFA: Zdaemon
Cooperative: Skulltag, hands down. Invasion is too fun!

As i prefer DM modes, i guess ZDaemon wins.
Because i think the new ST weapons sucks, and ruin a FFA game.

The only adition i like is the grenade launcher, but, for example, BFG10K is too gay.

Anyway, if ZD and ST joined on a big project it would be a new golden age for doom.

I dont like Odamex because it supports only BOOM at this moment. But is a great idea neverthless. Specially the OS stuff.

shinobi.cl said:

Anyway, if ZD and ST joined on a big project it would be a new golden age for doom.

It would also probably start raining frogs soon after. But it would certainly mark a new era for DooM.

Skulltag.... (obviously)

I've got a lot of reasons other than that I've put a lot of work into the port. I truly do believe that it's the best multiplayer doom experience - even if I wasn't an admin. I would sound a bit ridiculous listing the reasons though since I'm an admin so I won't. :P

odamex because i can actually run the fkn thing on my preferred operating system (win95/linux) unlike the other ports that focus on coolness, gimmicks and (self)promotion

leileilol said:

odamex because i can actually run the fkn thing on my preferred operating system (win95/linux) unlike the other ports that focus on coolness, gimmicks and (self)promotion

You know Skulltag runs under linux right? This was obviously directed towards me for some unknown reason... Did I offend you in a previous life or something? What's the deal?

leileilol said:

Another of those pointless brain farts that gives Linux users the bad reputation they don't deserve in general.

How many people in this thread have actually played odamex more than a handful of times? Contributors don't count.

Aabra said:

You know Skulltag runs under linux right? This was obviously directed towards me for some unknown reason... Did I offend you in a previous life or something? What's the deal?

He's an insane aspie, don't take it personally.