Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

Stronghold - Is it finished?! (p3 bottom)

Stronghold

Stronghold Public Alpha - Build 20 Online!
There are too many changes and additions to describe all of them so I suggest: Just play it. On a side note: Try to find the "Debug Mode Switch" in the intermission map to easily access all the maps that are already done or WIP ;) (14 in total!)

D/L: http://rapidshare.com/files/123413997/stronghold_alpha_b20.pk3.html

Just... wow.

I played you complete UTNT wad in coop, 2 weeks ago... so is hard to expect something less than awesome :)

I'd love to try, but this rapidshare verification code thingy with cats isn't really working for me. Anyone a decent download location please?

Yes, open a Google account (or 2) and upload your files there. 100MB of space for each account, and is very fast (no speed cap at least i havent noticed any on months of use), without bandwidht limit

shinobi.cl said:

Yes, open a Google account (or 2) and upload your files there. 100MB of space for each account, and is very fast (no speed cap at least i havent noticed any on months of use), without bandwidht limit

That's news to me. Where do I find that option?

I saw some screenshots of Tropical Paradox and wow. I think that you usually are lacking in interesting and varied sp layouts but that map looks... amazing. I <3 you

Tormentor667 said:

@Tango - That map is actually from Skillsaw, not from me :P I only did the vegetation placement and some simple texture changes.

Oops! :P

Is there a list anywhere of who's responsible for which maps?

CodenniumRed said:

Damn I tried to load that pak file and I get this message:

Script error, "DECORATE" line 1364:
"PUFFGETSOWNER" is an unknown flag

You need to get the latest SVN build to play this.

Wow this Tropical Paradox looks close to Far Cry !
It reminds me a topic about reliefs in Doom hehe...

The presence of new monsters makes it somewhat interesting, i.e. different to all those half-baked Doom 2 missions with new weapon graphics, new sounds, but still the same Chaingunner, Imp and Revenant shit. Good job Tormentor667.

@Printz - Thank you ;)

@Essel - Not yet, but I can do that for an upcoming release. Right now, most of the maps are from me, except STR07 that is mostly from DutchDevil (I just retextured the outside area, defined the waves and added general stuff like fog, skybox, etc.), STR08 that is completely from Skillsaw and another one that is from Morbid Doomer and still totally unfinished (the one with the single room and portal, don't know which one it is right now). But expect some more maps from other mappers in upcoming versions, as Vader, Skillsaw and Icytux are in the mapping team ;)

Tormentor667 said:

@Essel - Not yet, but I can do that for an upcoming release. Right now, most of the maps are from me, except STR07 that is mostly from DutchDevil (I just retextured the outside area, defined the waves and added general stuff like fog, skybox, etc.), STR08 that is completely from Skillsaw and another one that is from Morbid Doomer and still totally unfinished (the one with the single room and portal, don't know which one it is right now). But expect some more maps from other mappers in upcoming versions, as Vader, Skillsaw and Icytux are in the mapping team ;)

Uh heh I only did one map for this, I was cedited for it under my other nickanme Morbid Doomer, which is fine of course.

I played some of it yesterday it is addictive and impressive :P *coughcacoawardcough*

By the way...
Random Advertisements for everyone!
As you have already seen, the INTERMAP has those little nifty advertisement screens. If you want to contribute some (can be advertisement for projects, funny photoshop edits, community internal jokes or whatever) feel free to do some :) The PSD can be downloaded from here, looking forward to your contributions :)
http://home.arcor.de/tormentor667/BIGADxx.PSD
Make sure to use the fonts used in the PSD or similar pixel/bit fonts to avoid too large differents between each advert.

Some new shots :P Mechadon sent me an unfinished map from him that he thought of would fit very well in Stronghold.

I took some time, adjusted some things and that's how it looks like now ;)

Great work Mechadon, I loved to work with this map :)