Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Darkstalker

music special

I saw on zdoom a way to change music in a map (the music special), but I don't understand anything. Let's say I'm in map 1 and I want to change the music, do I put like D_STALKS (map 2 music) or I can play a music I inseted after the songs of doom 2. It also says I need the most recent ACC.exe to do this. What's the version ?

I'm still getting problems. In wadauthor, I did a test with print to see a message, in wrote it in wadauthor script, export it, compile it with the new acc and import it in my wad with wadauthor. I get no error when I import the script but I get the message that script 1 don't exist when I play. Can it be that wadauthor cant do a behavior?

I found that my script with the text worked. I had to compile and save the behavior with Deepsea. But , when I use acc.exe (new one), it creates a .o . I import the script in wadauthor, if I try to compile, it can't and when I import the compiled script after the .o is created, when I play, it doesn't recognize the script. So:
1-Is .o a behavior?
2-Does wadauthor has a bug with scripts compiled with acc.exe?

1-Is .o a behavior?

Basically, yes. It is a compiled script that gets inserted into a WAD as the BEHAVIOR lump.

2-Does wadauthor has a bug with scripts compiled with acc.exe?

Sorry, dunno that one, I use DeePsea, but plenty of people use WA to compile and insert scripts. Someone here is bound to be able to tell you how to set things up.

In case you hadn't spotted it, the DeePsea internal compiler from the current DeePsea supports all the funtions of the ACC linked to above.

I find compiling and inserting scripts a breeze with DeePsea and have used the setmusic command in scripts compiled by it quite a few times.

I found another way to put .o in a wad. Compile the script with ACC the import it to wadauthor and with XWE replace the behavior in your wad by the behavior you just made with ACC. I'm toying with XWE and I found that you can put midi files that are not necessary to be a level name. So you can put as many music as you want. Dunno if anyone knew it but it's pretty cool.