Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spertz

Plutonia Experiment vs. Hell Revealed

Plutonia is cramped, Hell not. Plutonia is with few monsters, Hell with many little ones. Plutonia is bruising, Hell is strategy (you can guess which I like more, heh).

I prefer Plutonia for single player games, but Hell Revealed for cooperative play.

Both are amongst my favorite works, but I liked the Plutonia Expiriment just a bit better. I think that's because, like Printz said, HR is strategy-based while Plutonia is more chaotic, and I probably prefer the more chaotic WADs to the strategy-based ones, though I guess that depends on the mood I'm in.

Plutonia!

Odyssey of Noises is one of the best and hardest city levels in the world of doom wads!

pizzabob18 said:

Plutonia!

Odyssey of Noises is one of the best and hardest city levels in the world of doom wads!

Quoted for truth. That map is undoubtedly my favorite from Plutonia.

I prefer plutonia......Better level design, better sense of being in a game rather than a physical challenge. Can anyone tell me why the first 6 or 7 levels on HR are not very well done?? after that, HR is awesome and intense, but those early levels seem to let it down. Its like they were learning to map as they went, and by the time HR got to level 7, they had the hang of it....

Not trying to sound superior, HR rocks, was just curious is all

Salutations to both wads.... they have both had such an impact on the course of dooming over the years.

Kyka said:

Can anyone tell me why the first 6 or 7 levels on HR are not very well done?? after that, HR is awesome and intense, but those early levels seem to let it down. Its like they were learning to map as they went, and by the time HR got to level 7, they had the hang of it....

I believe the first 6 maps of HR were intended to be "warm-up" maps. In this light, they were not meant to be as challenging as the maps at the end. That way, the player would be able to make some progress into the WAD and familiarize themselves with the style of level design and gameplay before it started to get more intense and difficult to progress... or at least that's what I thought, anyway. =P

I thought this 'till I've played the demo which shows that it wasn't warm up maps but more a practice for the authors in fact... imo of course.
Still they aren't so bad, it's playable so I don't care.

Plutonia experiment for me, I loved that very much. While I never managed to motivate myself past map03 of Hell Revealed.

Hell Revealed was at times holding the trigger button for 30 minutes, which I didn't enjoy too much. Of course, it was definitely one of the better gun'n'go wads I have played.

Plutonia is irreplaceable though. The level structures are cool. As much as "Sewers" sucks at some points, the level design is perfect almost. Also, map 29 blew my mind when I first played it (at the time it was the biggest map I knew).