Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

WAD Realease - The UAC Rebellion

Hello everyone, this is Doomkid, and I can be found over at the Skulltag/Zdaemon forums. I have worked on a few little projects before, but this one is developing much more than any other one has.
---------------------------------------------
And, without further ado, I present screenshots:

(Image Shack is going slow as hell, so I cant upload more ATM.)
There are some new monsters in this wad to go along with the 'storyline', including:

Marines (Pistol, Shotgun, chaingun, Plasma)
Zombies (Rifle, Rocket Launcher)
New Hellspawn (Toxic Caco's, Hell Knights, and altered lost souls)
So Far, I have made about 8 maps. The finished product is expected to be 15.

The Story - "You are a normal marine, no more important than the rest. You've worked at the UAC for years now, and have had time to learn about what all of their funds go to. They research inter-dimensional travel and genetic alterations.
However, the UAC, as you have recently learned, is corrupt. They let it be known that experiments are only done on willing individuals, but that isn't true: one of your fellows was reported as "mysteriously missing" and never found again. One night, at your workstation, you decide that these corrupt bastards are going down. It's going to be a tough fight, but you have to kill a few to save many."
Well, that's just about all I have for now. I hope you all like what you see!

Yeah I've seen your thread elsewhere, it seems to be a great work, good luck with the remaining maps :)

K!r4 said:

Yeah I've seen your thread elsewhere, it seems to be a great work, good luck with the remaining maps :)

I'm not much of a ZDaemon/Skulltag fan, but I like how this is looking. my only complaint is that the HUD color seems to be a bit out of place

Woah, UAC is corrupt? This is truly a story never before told.

(Just kidding. Keep up the good work.)

Interesting concept. I don't know who made that dead ripped open green marine sprite in the 2nd picture, but it sure is awesome. :-P

TheCupboard said:

Interesting concept. I don't know who made that dead ripped open green marine sprite in the 2nd picture, but it sure is awesome. :-P

It's from the Doom Press Release, as an alternate two-part death animation.

There's also a death that's a little less bloody of the doomguy, where he doesn't grasp his neck after being killed, and just falls to his knees with this hands at his sides.

Sounds interesting. I agree about the status bar that look out of place.
I prefer the standard centered weapons, but this may give the mod a more distinctive touch.

I suggest you to do some beta testing before releasing the mod. You may receive ideas and suggestions that may help you, and/or some indications about bugs that you didn't note.

Patrick Pineda said:

I'm not much of a ZDaemon/Skulltag fan, but I like how this is looking. my only complaint is that the HUD color seems to be a bit out of place

Aw, I loved the HUD =(. But the general thought seems to be that it is out-of-place, so I will most likely remove it.

Tango said:

Hey Doomkid! How ya been?

Fine Tango, thanks :)

Also, vegeta said something that interested me, beta testers. If anyone wants to look at the maps and such to point out any bugs, etc. then please let me know.

*All of my maps are made in Zdoom: Doom in Doom format, just so any testers know.

I like the look of the levels and enemies, can't wait to see more shots and the finished product!

"This could be interesting...Alright, I'm in." I like what i see in the screen shots so far and I'll help test it out if you need another tester.

Ok, I'll PM you beta tester's a yousendit link. thanks!

Oh, by the way guys, my maps are really dark for the most part, and in some cases i think maybe a bit too dark (besides level 5, i love the feel of that map). But, I want to see what the testers think first.

UPDATE 7/8/08

Well, the wad is progressing nicely.
I have completed map07 and map08, so there are only 3 maps left to do (9, 10, and the other secret level.) The last two will be the more hellish maps, because the rouge marine gets teleported while fighting his way through the marines and their experiments.
Also, thanks to Jimmy, the obituaries now work properly so that you are killed by an "RPG Zombie" rather than a "Baron of Hell". :p

New Screenshots:

I hated how in DRE the marines walked around in laval, so I made it that only zombies can. I added a block monster flag to the lindefs surrounding lava and nukage so that the zombies walk in it only. no marines (or at least very rarely.)

Hope you like what you see!

Looks sweet! Glad you stuck with the HUD color, I think it goes well with the scenes.

Neat.

However, even though they're evil, I have a hard time believing that UAC marines will choose to stand in lava for any length of time.

Yet another mod suffering from badly positioned weapons. Why do you insist to shoot off the screen to the left?

TheCupboard said:

You're progressing well. I hope future progression is as progressive as this.

The more progession, the better! :P

Creaphis said:

Neat.

However, even though they're evil, I have a hard time believing that UAC marines will choose to stand in lava for any length of time.

The marines aren't standing in the lava, the zombies are

Graf Zahl said:

Yet another mod suffering from badly positioned weapons. Why do you insist to shoot off the screen to the left?

What's wrong with them? almost every FPS since doom has has the off center weapons, but the barrel is still facing the monsters in front of you.
He's holding the gun with his right hand, and that's why it's on the right.

Doomkid92 said:

What's wrong with them? almost every FPS since doom has has the off center weapons, but the barrel is still facing the mansters infront of you.
He's holding the gun with his right hand, and that's why it's on the right.

It's not facing the center.

kristus said:
That red line isn't following the barrel.

But it's closer than your green lines :p

Okay, you guys win. I will move it 3 pixels to the left.

=P

No, really though, in the .zip file I release it in, I'll have an 'altwep.wad' that will have replacement centered weapons. How's that?

Lol, when I first saw the chaingunners, I thought they were swamp monsters in helmets, But then I realised they were just marines in full suits of dark green armor :P. Anyway, awesome looking so far. I like the way some tiles are missing in screen 1.

I don't mind where the weapons are on the hud as long as they shoot in the middle of the screen for massive damage.

New screen shots are looking good, keep it up.

Finally,a wad where I can whoop up on the UAC for being retarded lol.Looking forward to this wad.

Heh, the story to my wad i'm working on is just gonna be something like "The UAC have opened a gate to hell for the 10th time now. You're fed up of bailing them out so instead of going to thier base you head back to the space-port to blast off for home and have a cup of tea"

Anyway i think some areas may have a few too many enemies, unless they are weak. I do like the edited "hanging body" sprites, just remember to not use them until after the hell invasion... i couldnt see even the worst of corporations dismembering employees then hanging them up on public display as a warning to others. Maybe Bonzibuddy.