Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KennyJC

New map almost ready.

The build is almost done besides a few tweeks. It only remains for me to do the boring gameplay stuff - although I will try to do a better job at that than my previous maps.

I will bump this thread in a few days/a week with a Beta.

Here are some screens:

P.S. Does anyone know how I can make it so that sliding doors require a key to activate? I can't find any info on how to make a polyobj door require a key.

P.P.S. First to count the amount of candles in those screenshots gets a prize, lol!

Looks really good - I love the 'chunky' Quake architecture. Looking forward to seeing what you've done with it, that's for sure!

It's definitely very quake-looking. Too much, I think...there's hardly any texture color contrast at all unless you count the lava. But I suppose that's ok if it plays well :P

KennyJC said:

P.S. Does anyone know how I can make it so that sliding doors require a key to activate? I can't find any info on how to make a polyobj door require a key.

What port for? ZDoom or Eternity?

If ZDoom, I'd highly advise for slopes. Quake has slopes. If it's another port, with 3d capabilities, I'd advise for such too, as Quake has multi-storeys pretty much everywhere.

I'm pretty sure the texture purists will protest against this wad. There's so little contrast there. I'd quickly avoid the midi background music and replace it with ambience -- not sounds copied from Quake, though, but some new ones.

@esselfortium: I think that by KennyJC's rules, you just didn't win.

I agree with printz's recommandations, but if someone protest against your texturing, tell him to play Quake before.

another brown doom map. I agree though, more contrast is needed

Bah, still haven't done anything to finish this map. I got caught up with a small project which is an act of insanity rather than a serious creation... So you will probably see that before I finish this map off.

I don't care what y'all say about the textures, they do look better in GL mode. I like it dammit!