Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
keoghjacob

How To Merge Multiple Wads.

I am doing some work on merging someones wad to the Realm667 bestiary. And I cant merge multiple ones with XWE. Plz help!

Oh and on Skulltag ask chichoo29 about CCSURVIVAL2 his new wad.

Use SlumpEd. You can have several wads and/or pk3s open at once. And from there you can select everything from a wad, copy it, and paste it in another. Easy.

I dont have much experience with things like this, but I think you would have to move all the monster's sprites and the dehacked file to the wad you want, and that should move the monsters over. To move just a single monster over, I have no clue.

DeHackEd is not what you want. It is very easy to put monsters into a wad file using SlumpEd. Copy everything (all of the lump entries that is) in the monster file and paste it into your wad. I would recommend putting all of the decorate code into one DECORATE lump. Do the same with the SNDINFO. Sprites and the sounds themselves don't really need to be put anywhere special. If you want to keep it organized, then put all sprites in between the first pair of SS_START and SS_END. Then put all of the sounds in place after that.

Copy and paste - DECORATE lumps are text files. Copy one DECORATE lump to your wad then copy and paste the contents of the others into it (create a blank line at the end of the lump before each paste). You can do the same with SNDINFO lumps.