Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aalexanderrr

Jumpads?

Hello, I need some assistance on creating so called jumpad thingies like those in Skulltag mod. So, how exactly are they made? I checked everything in a random map, sector/linedef properties and nothing came up - there are no action set at all. Could you clerify on that? :P

Thanks in advance. :)

That's not exactly what I meant, I want to make something like Quake3 jumpads, or infinite void ctf map. And sorry for my noobiness, what is actor hits floor thing ( ID 9999 )? I found it in a jumpad area but when I place it on my own map it doesn't really do anything.

9999 is an action thing (best way I can describe it). It triggers its action (in the Action tab in the Thing dialog), which could be anything from a set action, to starting a script (ie, action type 80 ACS Execute).

The way you saw it used is most likely the type 128: Thing Thrust Z, where it takes the assigned parameters and throws the triggerer skywards.

Put a 'Actor hits floor' thing in the jumppad sector. Then, in the 'Effects' box of the thing, use special 128 (ThrustThingZ). If you need more power on the pad put an additional, identical thing on the pad except use ThrustThing instead. (The former propels you more vertically, the latter more horizontally.)

Yeah, I managed to get it to work , it might sound retarded, but I didn't really notice Effects tab at first, LOL! Thank you guys!