Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
herooftime1000

My (probably) last hurrah.

Well, things sure have piled up. I need to get my flash project done so I won't touch doom for quite a bit. Plus, I'm pretty much looked down upon ever since I spilled my flash plot. I'm still proud of the idea, and I don't care what it is. (Use3d, I'm glaring at you.)

Anyways here is my wad. The monster pack.

http://rapidshare.com/files/128140446/Monsterpack.wad.html

It has the following:

Bee: My first project.

Hive: Second. Works like a pain elemental. Death Destiny made a MUCH better hive than mine.

UMB Guard: Just a security guard with a pistol. Easy to kill.

Chem sprayer: Shoots a wave of gas. Best used in tight spots.

ThunderHand: A weapon for my main heroine, though you probably wouldn't care who. XP

Well, thats all. I'm pretty much leaving for a while, will I return? Maybe. But until then, I have some people to thank.

Dutch Devil: Made some awesome maps, I loved playing them. They gave me inspiration to make my own map.

Csonicgo: At least there IS a pokemon fan here. Thank you for complimenting my work.

Creaphis: Sorry man. You're opinion really matter to me man.

Patrick Panda: Good luck on your project, man.

Death-Destiny: Smartest man here in my book. I owe him everything. If it weren't for him I would have given up long ago.

Thank you for helping me.

Peace.

herooftime1000 said:

(Use3d, I'm glaring at you.)

Yeah, definitely. Heaven forbid anyone posts constructive critism instead of just outright trolling you like most of the other posters did.

Well, Hero, if you've got other activities that demand your time too much for Doom editing that's one thing. You can get back to Doom once you've got more time. However, I wouldn't say you're "looked down upon." Some people just get a kick out of trolling. They're just messing around though. It's nothing to take too seriously.

Oh, and my pleasure assisting you learning to use some of the editors. =)

Even if you make an ass of yourself on the internet, nobody cares at all by the next day. Nobody's looking down on you. There's nothing to be sorry for either.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Okay, now go away

herooftime1000 said:

Plus, I'm pretty much looked down upon ever since I spilled my flash plot. I'm still proud of the idea, and I don't care what it is. (Use3d, I'm glaring at you.)

Whatever you drama queen. Go back to deviantart where no one ever criticizes you, where you'll never learn anything and where you won't have any reason to actually improve your work.

Also what is this shit about being looked down upon? Oh yeah, more drama. No one cares what you do with your spare time, but if you come here and ask for a critique and actually get someone's honest opinion and it conflicts with your deviantart groupies (all 2 of them) then you better be serious about what you do, and judging from your reactions, you're clearly not.

If you ever want to be taken seriously in the art world or otherwise, you're gonna need a spine to go with that wacky Nintendo crossover.

disregard this post, apparently this has something to do with pokemon art

Good luck with your flash project and get some practice drawing stuff at 45 degree angles.

Remiel said:

This constitutes as an "I'm leaving" thread, right?

Maybe - don't get your hopes up.

herooftime1000 wrote on 07-08-08 21:32:
I don't care what you say. I got a LOT lot more than two encouraging me so in conclusion...

Hey guys, I just got 'owned'...actually, I'm feel a little sorry for this kid now, as this is his only defense when someone disagrees with him he essentially admits that he's certifiably insane. You either need to be heavily medicated or institutionalized. Oh yeah, and good luck with this is oh, 2 or 5 years...

'Honey, I really need you to move out of my basement and stop drawing naked pokemon...'

'I REJECT YOUR REALITY, I REJECT YOUR REALITY! Nnnnnnggggghh!'

Hahahahahahahaha, oh my God, that image.

I've never been any happier to be rid of someone. Disappear already and never return.

well, first of all, we're harsh on you because you make yourself an easy target. you need to learn from criticism. if its a crappy piece of work, instead of being insulted, take it away and do better. going to deviantArt is great, but IMO, everyone there is a moron fanboy. they will not give you a good critique and just praise everything. if you make an honest effort to improve instead of staring drama, you'll improve and we might just shut up.

just work on improving, and one day you will be better, if not great. even the "mapping greats" like Nightmare, Tormentor667 and Agentspork get criticism. you just need to roll with it and work harder/better. Don't get down because a few jerks dont like you.

So please, by all means, improve your work and come back. if you're not willing to improve, please just go away. we dont need that kind of drama crap here.

The mistake you made is that you assumed we looked down on you because not everybody liked that picture you posted (and for which you ASKED for honest feedback, by the way.) Just because people don't like your work doesn't automatically mean they think the same about you personally. That's a really stupid assumption to make.

And if some people don't like you now (I'm not necessarily one of those people) it's because of the way you responded to their feedback. One thing you have to learn about the internet is to expect some people to rip on your work. All you have to do is listen to the constructive criticism, ignore the idiotic trolling and get on with your life.

And please: NO MORE DRAMA. People really start being merciless when you do that.

Hero, the problem here is that you're making too big a deal out of this. Several people here are saying the things they are because they expect that it will make you mad. That way, they can laugh at your response. You're giving them quality entertainment. There are people around these forums who, despite the harshest criticisms or the cruelest insults, are completely unfazed and if they don't completely ignore such things will not care either way. Once these critics realize that the person does not care, they will go criticize someone else because the former person is no fun to citicize. At the moment, you are making yourself a lot of fun to criticize.

So here's my advice. Go ahead and keep doing what your doing with your art. When you recieve criticism, ignore the insults and make use of the good criticisms to improve your skill. Even if you completely disagree with a criticism, it is likely there is still something useful to gain from it. Even one who has mastered his or her art can still get even better. The true master is not the one who knows everything, but the one who realizes there is always more to know.

Death-Destiny said:

The true master is not the one who knows everything, but the one who realizes there is always more to know.

Quote of the day, for truth.

Okay...

That's it... I'm done being an idiot...

You all want me gone. That's fine by me. I'm sorry for being a jerk and rejecting criticism...

Use3d. I owe you an apology. I am in no way a retard or anything like that. It's just...well, I was defensive on my ideas. But, you are right. They are stupid and I was a jerk for not listening.

I'm still gonna go. I need to find myself.

Hero, I find it interesting that you agree with what is clearly the opposite of what the above 5 posters say (excluding Remiel). I see some self-affirming bias in your logic. We just said that we don't look down on you and that it's cool if you continue to share your ideas.

It's good to see that you apologized for your earlier conduct, so I don't see what the issue is now. =/ No one other than Remiel seems to mind you being here if you act respectable...

dutch devil said:

Please stay and make some sweet doom maps.

Maybe..maybe I can...

Ok, I got one last request.

The deed is done, apologies have been made, and arrows have been thrown.

My biggest fear is that because of this, no one will take me seriously or even degrade me when given half a chance.

Send this thread to post hell. I hope to come back and hope many don't remember my mistakes and actions.

Sorry.

Don't worry, we all make mistakes (yeah even my very important person !!!!1).
If you think you are ridiculous for yourself then it's a good beginning, people can easily forget the past if you really change.

Personnaly, I haven't any problem with you then you have my chance.

herooftime1000 said:

apologies have been made

Hollow apologies mean nothing. [except to bees] To further elaborate, you knew full well what you were doing and how you were acting, and now your only reason for apologizing for it is to try and worm your way out of your corner. You wouldn't have cared at all if nobody had ever gotten on your case about acting like such a dysfunctional.

Really, for all your worrying about losing the respect of the people here, you certainly aren't winning any points for attention-whoring so damn much, or for continuing to linger after your "I'm leaving forever again /quitwrists" pity party.

In conclusion:

Fisk said:

Okay, now go away

Fisk said:

now go away

Fisk said:

go away

Fisk said:

away

Remiel said:

Hollow apologies mean nothing. [except to bees] To further elaborate, you knew full well what you were doing and how you were acting, and now your only reason for apologizing for it is to try and worm your way out of your corner. You wouldn't have cared at all if nobody had ever gotten on your case about acting like such a dysfunctional.

Really, for all your worrying about losing the respect of the people here, you certainly aren't winning any points for attention-whoring so damn much, or for continuing to linger after your "I'm leaving forever again /quitwrists" pity party.

In conclusion:

In conclusion...

You are an idiot and a total bastard. This is a free forum, pal. Maybe I'll come back and maybe I won't. It's up to me. You're just along for the ride.

I may have made some mistakes. I may have immaturely handle things. I may have insulted innocent people. I've said my apologies and wrapped things up. And if you don't like it, I don't really give a damn.

So in conclusion to your conclusion...

*The Airplane theme song plays*

I AM going to finish my cartoon, I AM going to be a great sprite artist, and I AM going to build a megawad! If the people have their opinion, that's ok, because I'm not doing it for them! I'm doing it for me. That's what every true artist does.

You FAIL, good day, sir!

*crowd cheers*

Jim Rainer said: You being an asshole isn't fixing anything, Remiel.

Yeah Remiel. Don't you have anything better to do with your life than troll people's threads. Everyone can see that it's you whose the asshole for telling people they can't apologize and make amends.

I think it's you who needs to go away. The bees in this thread are not pleased with your childish conduct. =/