Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Haloless0320

Motion Sensors

Is there any way possible to make an small automap that is placed at the top right of the screen that also detects enemies?
I know it's a bit far fetched but it would be great if there was a way to construct this.

At the moment there is no way to put an actual automap on the HUD, but with some clever scripting I think you could create a radar display that shows dots representing enemies in relation to your position. I'm not sure if it'd be possible without having to give every one of them a unique thing id, though. :\

EDGE will eventually have various ways of displaying an automap on-screen as you play, with (i think) the option to show items... but not in a (very) public build yet.

I'm sure i have seen the effect done before though, YEARS ago... don't know if it was another now-discontinued port, or acheived through fancy scripting.

There has been at least one modified version of Zdoom where the automap was placed in the corner of the play screen too (emulating the Alpha HUD).

Yeah I remember that,what wad was that?I think I just read it while I was skimming through the wad's one day.I regret not downloading it.